Security guard arrested for alleged defilement in Ogun

A 32-year-old security guard, Abraham Aneka, has been arrested for allegedly defiling a 16-year-old girl and attempting to rob her, in Abule-Ijoko, Ogun State.
Spokesperson for the command, Oluseyi Babaseyi, in a statement on Friday, said the case was reported to the Agbado division on Wednesday, while the incident happened on Tuesday.
Mr Babaseyi said, “Detectives attached to Agbado division of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 32-year-old suspect, identified as Abraham Aneka, a security guard, over allegations of defilement, criminal intimidation, and attempted robbery involving a 16-year-old girl in the Abule-Ijoko area of Ogun State.
“The suspect was arrested following a swift and intelligence-backed response by operatives, which also led to the recovery of a single-barreled locally made firearm allegedly used to threaten the victim.
“The incident was reported at Agbado division in the early hours of June 10, 2026, by a family member of the victim, who alleged that on the night of June 9, 2026, the teenage girl was on her way home when she was accosted by the suspect. The suspect, armed with a locally made single-barreled gun, allegedly threatened her before forcibly taking her to his residence at Abule-Ijoko.
“Upon receipt of the complaint, detectives of the Agbado division immediately launched a coordinated response. The suspect was promptly tracked, arrested, and the firearm allegedly used in the commission of the crime was recovered. The scene of the incident was also visited as part of ongoing investigative procedures.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly had unlawful carnal knowledge of the minor without her consent and further attempted to dispossess her of her belongings. The victim was thereafter issued a medical form and taken to a hospital for medical examination and treatment.”
Mr Babaseyi disclosed that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Eleweran, Abeokuta, for discreet and comprehensive investigation, while the suspect remained in custody pending the conclusion of the investigation and subsequent prosecution.
Commissioner of Police, Bode Ojajuni, while reiterating the command’s zero tolerance to sexual and gender-based violence, especially against minors, assured residents that the suspect would be diligently prosecuted and justice would be served.
Mr Ojajuni urged parents, guardians, and members of the public to remain vigilant and promptly report cases of abuse, violence, or suspicious activity to the nearest police formation, assuring that all reports would be treated with urgency and professionalism.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
Shettima seeks holistic approach to tackle humanitarian crises
Mr Shettima called for a holistic approach to tackle humanitarian crises and ensure durable solutions.

Politics
ISIS would have taken over Nigeria if not for Tinubu, presidency spokesman says
“Were it not for the various interventions of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria would have become a sorry state security-wise,” the presidential aide said.

Health
Yobe: Authorities issue alert as conjunctivitis reaches epidemic level in Potiskum
Conjunctivitis has reached epidemic proportions in Potiskum and surrounding communities, prompting health authorities to alert residents.

Politics
Delta: INEC fixes September 19 for Udu constituency by-election
The Independent National Electoral Commission has fixed September 19 for the by-election into the Udu Constituency of the Delta House of Assembly.

Economy
Nigeria implementing policies to reduce methane emissions from waste: FG
The federal government is implementing policies to reduce methane emissions from dumpsites and promote sustainable waste management practices across the country.

Economy
Subsidy removal made life difficult for Nigerians, Tinubu used money to fund governors’ opulent lifestyle: Atiku
“That is not reform. It is economic arson followed by propaganda about the ashes,” Phrank Shaibu said of President Bola Tinubu’s policies.






