Saturday, August 22, 2026

Tinubu appoints tax czar Zacch Adedeji as 2027 campaign fundraising deputy director

Mr Adedeji will join other politicians in raising funds for Mr Tinubu’s re-election bid.

• August 22, 2026
Zacch Adedeji, Federal Inland Revenue Service Chairman
Zacch Adedeji

President Bola Tinubu on Saturday appointed Nigeria Revenue Service czar, Zacch Adedeji, as the deputy director of fundraising for his 2027 campaign.

Bayo Onanuga, in a statement on Saturday, announced the appointment of Mr Adedeji, among others, highlighting their roles in Mr Tinubu’s re-election campaign.

In a list of the 2027 Presidential Campaign Council attached to the statement, Mr Adedeji was appointed “deputy director fundraising” for Mr Tinubu’s re-election in the presidential election scheduled for January 2027.

With the appointment, Mr Adedeji, who leads Nigeria’s revenue and tax collection agency, will join other politicians in raising funds for Mr Tinubu’s re-election bid.

Mr Tinubu, in the statement, was quoted as charging Mr Adedeji and other members of the campaign council to put in their best efforts to soundly defeat his opposition.

“We have delivered on our campaign promises and set our country on a path of economic progress. We are definitely out of the dark tunnel and are now at the cusp of reaping the benefits of a prosperous economy that will benefit all Nigerians,” Mr Tinubu said.

He added: “As we march into the campaign season, we have many achievements to trumpet—let us confidently showcase our record and inspire hope in every corner of our nation. Let us soundly defeat all those forces who plan to take our country backwards.”

Earlier on Saturday, Peoples Gazette reported that two women, Ngozi Olejeme, former chairman of the NSITF and Betta Edu, former humanitarian affairs minister, who were fingered in over N1 billion fraud were appointed to Mr Tinubu’s campaign council.

While Ms Olejeme is facing trial for N1 billion fraud, Ms Edu is under investigation for the diversion of N585 million into a private account, a development that led to her sack in 2024.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

American Airlines

World

Passenger’s laptop catches fire on American Airlines flight

The plane, which took off from Atlanta, had 133 individuals on board.

NIGCOMSAT

Heading 1

FG approves two new satellites to boost connectivity

Mrs Nkechi Egerton-Idehen said the approval marked an important milestone for the company and Nigeria.

and Former Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Abuja

2027: NDC South-East targets one million votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT

Mr Nwosu said the group would commence intensive mobilisation ahead of the campaigns.

Five suspected vandals

Lagos

Five suspected vandals nab, stolen iron rods recovered in Lagos

Ms Adebisi added that discreet investigation is ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects.

Kano Emirate

Hot news Home top

Kano Emirate introduces drug test for prospective traditional rulers

He said the measure became necessary because of the harmful effects of drug abuse on individuals.

Semi Ajayi

Heading 5

Ajayi scores as Hull City stun Manchester United in EPL opener

Ajayi opened the scoring for the Tigers in the 17th minute.