Wednesday, August 19, 2026

ICPC rejects Dangote’s request to withdraw petition against ex-NMDPRA boss Farouk Ahmed

“The ICPC will therefore continue to investigate this matter,” said the commission.

• January 8, 2026
Dangote, Farouk Ahmed
Dangote, Farouk Ahmed

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has rejected Alhaji Aliko Dangote’s request to withdraw his petition against Farouk Ahmed, former NMDPRA boss, whom he accused of corrupt practices.

ICPC spokesperson, John Odey, who said this in a statement on Wednesday, noted that the commission had already commenced investigations into the allegation in the interest of Nigerians.

“The ICPC will therefore continue to investigate this matter in line with its statutory mandate and in the interest of transparency, accountability and the fight against corruption for the benefit of Nigeria,” noted the statement.

He said that the commission received a letter dated January 5, titled ‘Notice of Withdrawal of Petition against Engineer Farouk Ahmed’, signed by Dr O.J. Onoja, SAN and Associates, legal counsel to Dangote.

”The letter from O.J. Onoja SAN, states that the petitioner has withdrawn the petition dated 16th December, 2025, submitted against Engineer Farouk Ahmed, the immediate past ACE/CEO of the NMDPRA, in its entirety, and that another law enforcement agency has taken over.

”The ICPC wishes to state categorically that in line with the provisions of sections 3(14) and 27(3) of its enabling Act, the investigations in the interest of the Nigerian people and the Nigerian state have already commenced and are presently ongoing.

”The ICPC will therefore continue to investigate this matter in line with its statutory mandate and in the interest of transparency, accountability, and the fight against corruption for the benefit of Nigeria,” said the ICPC statement.

(NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo)

Showbiz

Ogogo: APC governorship candidate offers medical assistance to Nollywood actor battling cancer

Nollywood actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan, who is battling stage four cancer, has been admitted to a hospital for medical treatment.

Angie Nixon

World

Democratic Socialist Angie Nixon wins Florida Senate primary

Democratic Socialist Angie Nixon has won Florida’s Democratic U.S. Senate primary, defeating former army intelligence officer Alexander Vindman.

Abuja

Wike probes FCT officials for converting green areas into car dealership lots

FCT minister Nyesom Wike has ordered an end to using green areas, parks, and gardens in Abuja as car dealership lots.

Isese adherents

Faith

Ogun govt declares August 20 holiday to mark Isese Day

The Ogun state government has declared August 20 as a holiday to commemorate the 2026 Isese Day.

LASEPA officials

Lagos

Lagos: LASEPA seals facilities over environmental violations

LASEPA sealed several establishments in Agege and Mushin over environmental violations.

Ondo governor signing document

Rights

Strike continues until Gov Aiyedatiwa meets our demands: AAUA-ASUU

ASUU branch of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko branch, says it will continue its ongoing indefinite strike until the Ondo government meets its demands.