2023: Nigerians in U.S. to hold presidential debate for Atiku, Peter Obi, Tinubu, others

Nigerians in the U.S. are making plans to hold a debate for all the presidential candidates contesting the February 25, 2023, presidential election.
The presidential debate, tagged ‘The Diaspora Listens’, is scheduled to hold on November 26 virtually, according to a statement on Sunday signed by Olayinka DanSalami, on behalf of the organising committee.
The Organisation for the Advancement of Nigerians (OAN, Inc.) will organise the debate in collaboration with 15 other Nigerian partner organisations in the U.S.
Mr DanSalami said the presidential candidates had been invited to attend the debate.
“The United States hosts one of the largest numbers of Nigerian citizens and associations worldwide. They are critical to the political and socio-economic development of our dear country, in spite of the differences in cultures and languages,” the statement explained. “We are also continuing to fly the Nigerian flag high as we excelled in our various endeavours.”
It added, “Thus, we believe that to actualise the Nigeria of our dream, everyone must contribute his or her own quota. We believe that the 2023 presidential election is a critical and consequential election that has generated so much enthusiasm, interest, and support among the Nigerian compatriots in the diaspora.”
Mr DanSalami noted that the election had brought about ”a patriotic clamour by Nigerians in the diaspora to have the presidential candidates talk to us.”
He also mentioned that the debate would help keep Nigerians in the diaspora abreast of the candidates’ manifestos.
He further stated that the event would enable Nigerians in the diaspora to have an opportunity to hear first-hand from the presidential candidates, their intentions and aspirations.
The ‘Diaspora Listens’ event would also allow candidates to hear directly from the diaspora constituents about their concerns, priorities, and what they would like from the president when elected in 2023.
“The organisers encourage all our Nigerians in the diaspora to ‘save the date’ for this crucial and important event,” the debate organisers stated. “We would apprise you of the format of the debates as we confirm participation from the presidential candidates.”
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Abuja
Tinubu govt looted fuel subsidy funds, I’ll restore policy if elected president: Atiku
“Where is the money? They stole it. I will return fuel subsidy. The big thing was that they removed the subsidy, but where is the money?” stated Mr Abubakar.

Rights
El-Rufai’s request for transfer of trial to another judge rejected
Kaduna’s chief judge said there was no basis to transfer Mr El-Rufai’s case file from Justice Darius Khobo of the Kaduna State High Court.

Politics
Let us debate issues, Tinubu challenges Atiku, Obi ahead of 2027 presidential poll
Let us campaign on superior ideas. Let us debate issues and promote the best policies to expand opportunities for our people.

Uncategorized
Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos
Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

Port Harcourt
UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children
The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them.

States
Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction
Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.






