Thursday, August 20, 2026

Ondo: Suspected Yahoo Boy arrested for allegedly killing lady, hiding remains in uncompleted building

The state police spokesperson, Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, said Mr Bakara was in custody and being interrogated by detectives.

• December 10, 2023
Policemen
Policemen used to illustrate story [Credit: Premium Times Nigeria]

Sesan Bakara, a 25-year-old suspected internet fraudster, a.k.a Yahoo boy, has been apprehended for allegedly killing a tenant for rituals in Ondo States.

Mr Bakara, now at the divisional police command in Ore, Odigbo LGA, was nabbed after the remains of the victim – a lady was discovered inside a ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag in an uncompleted building in Ore.

A neighbour, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident in a chat on Sunday, saying the victim had earlier been declared missing by other tenants in the neighbourhood.

“She (victim) had earlier been declared missing for some days, and a search party was put in place until her remains were found inside a bag at the building adjacent to the compound.

“Meanwhile, the incident led to anger among co-tenants in the compound and Sesan, who is the son of the landlord, was suspected because his reaction when a search party was immediately put into place leaves us with no doubt. He was handed over to the police,” he told Peoples Gazette.

It was learnt that the discovery forced aggrieved youths to set the house belonging to Mr Bakara’s father on fire before the police’s arrival and intervention.

Confirming the suspect’s arrest in a brief interview, the state police spokesperson, Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, said Mr Bakara was in custody and being interrogated by detectives.

“Meanwhile, the boy was suspected in the murder case because a sister to the victim had claimed they saw blood stains on his foot during the process of looking for the lady.

“But our men in Ore have arrested the boy, and he will be transferred to the headquarters here in Akure for further investigation,” Ms Odunlami-Omisanya said.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Uncategorized

Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos

Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

UNICEF

Port Harcourt

UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children

The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them. 

Ebonyi State CP Urunwa Okafor

States

Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction

Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.

Scene at the Ataoja's palace.

Heading 1

Suspected cultists denied access to Davido at Ataoja’s palace shot 60-year-old man dead: Police 

Police said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after the governor visited the monarch alongside Davido. 

Peter Mbah

Heading 2

Gov. Mbah appoints 23 new SAs, SSAs

Mr Onyia said the appointments take immediate effect.

Music console

Hot news Home top

Nigeria, Kenya lose $286 million music revenue annually to copyright gaps: U.S.

She urged policymakers to ratify and fully implement the WIPO Copyright Treaty.Â