Dangote Refinery recalls redeployed engineers
Dangote Petroleum Refinery has approved the recall of engineers previously redeployed across its business units, following what management described as a conditional pardon after internal disciplinary actions over operational disruptions.
In an internal communication to staff, the company said the decision followed an extensive review process and numerous appeals from respected individuals, stakeholders, and the engineers.
The company noted that while earlier actions were taken to protect operations and uphold organisational standards, it has now opted to offer a second opportunity to the staff.
Under the directive, according to a memo signed by the Group Vice President, Oil & Gas, Devakumar Edwin, all affected personnel will be invited for a meeting and subsequently reassigned to resume duties at the refinery.
The recall also covers those who did not take up earlier redeployment options offered by the company.
Management emphasised that the move reflects both a commitment to fairness and a belief in second chances, while reiterating that discipline, professionalism and adherence to corporate values remain non-negotiable.
“This decision was not an easy one. It reflects not only our belief in second chances but also serves as a clear reminder that loyalty, professionalism and adherence to organisational standards are non‑negotiable,” it said.
“Effective immediately, all engineers previously redeployed to other business units will be invited for a meeting and, subsequently, will be provided with an opportunity to render their services at our petroleum refinery. This would include those who did not avail the opportunity provided earlier for redeployment”.
The company, however, issued a firm warning that any recurrence of misconduct would incur immediate and decisive sanctions, underscoring its zero-tolerance stance toward actions that could undermine operations.
Dangote Refinery added that it expects the returning engineers to demonstrate renewed dedication as it continues efforts to strengthen operational efficiency and maintain its position as a key player in Nigeria’s oil and gas sector.
“We welcome our colleagues back, with the expectation of renewed dedication, and we look forward to working together to strengthen our operations and deliver excellence in the oil and gas sector,” it added.
In October 2025, the Dangote Group redeployed some refinery engineers to other companies within the group as part of measures to stabilise operations at the time.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices
Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
Abuja
Wike orders crackdown on car dealers operating in Abuja green areas
Mr Wike said defaulting vehicles would be impounded and auctioned, and their locations permanently shut down.
States
Police rescue 13 abducted passengers in Benue
Orchia Peter Aondongu, the Benue police command’s spokesman, said the victims were kidnapped the previous Friday while travelling from Enugu to Abuja.
Economy
Recapitalisation: Shareholders seek deadline extension for insurers
Mr Okezie said withdrawing licences from companies making genuine efforts could hurt shareholders and investors whose funds remained tied up in affected firms.
States
Scores of terrorists killed in Borno air strikes: Army
The Nigerian Army said air platforms of its Operation Hadin Kai killed scores of terrorists in different locations across Borno State.
NationWide
Atiku pleads with FBI not to shield Tinubu, says president danger to Nigerians not Americans
“Our message is simple: Protect your investigators. Protect your sources. Protect your methods. But do not protect the truth from Nigerians,” Mr Atiku said.
NationWide
Nigerians react, allege Tinubu appointed Adedeji to divert taxes for 2027 campaign
Mr Adedeji was appointed deputy director of fundraising for Mr Tinubu’s 2027 presidential reelection campaign on Saturday.






