Saturday, August 22, 2026

Dangote Refinery recalls redeployed engineers

The recall also covers those who did not take up earlier redeployment options offered by the company.

• April 30, 2026
Dangote Refinery
Dangote Refinery [Credit: Punch Newspapers]

Dangote Petroleum Refinery has approved the recall of engineers previously redeployed across its business units, following what management described as a conditional pardon after internal disciplinary actions over operational disruptions. 

In an internal communication to staff, the company said the decision followed an extensive review process and numerous appeals from respected individuals, stakeholders, and the engineers. 

The company noted that while earlier actions were taken to protect operations and uphold organisational standards, it has now opted to offer a second opportunity to the staff.

Under the directive, according to a memo signed by the Group Vice President, Oil & Gas, Devakumar Edwin, all affected personnel will be invited for a meeting and subsequently reassigned to resume duties at the refinery. 

The recall also covers those who did not take up earlier redeployment options offered by the company.

Management emphasised that the move reflects both a commitment to fairness and a belief in second chances, while reiterating that discipline, professionalism and adherence to corporate values remain non-negotiable.

“This decision was not an easy one. It reflects not only our belief in second chances but also serves as a clear reminder that loyalty, professionalism and adherence to organisational standards are non‑negotiable,” it said. 

“Effective immediately, all engineers previously redeployed to other business units will be invited for a meeting and, subsequently, will be provided with an opportunity to render their services at our petroleum refinery. This would include those who did not avail the opportunity provided earlier for redeployment”.

The company, however, issued a firm warning that any recurrence of misconduct would incur immediate and decisive sanctions, underscoring its zero-tolerance stance toward actions that could undermine operations.

Dangote Refinery added that it expects the returning engineers to demonstrate renewed dedication as it continues efforts to strengthen operational efficiency and maintain its position as a key player in Nigeria’s oil and gas sector.

“We welcome our colleagues back, with the expectation of renewed dedication, and we look forward to working together to strengthen our operations and deliver excellence in the oil and gas sector,” it added.

In October 2025, the Dangote Group redeployed some refinery engineers to other companies within the group as part of measures to stabilise operations at the time.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu

NationWide

Atiku pleads with FBI not to shield Tinubu, says president danger to Nigerians not Americans

“Our message is simple: Protect your investigators. Protect your sources. Protect your methods. But do not protect the truth from Nigerians,” Mr Atiku said.

Zacch Adedeji

NationWide

Nigerians react, allege Tinubu appointed Adedeji to divert taxes for 2027 campaign

Mr Adedeji was appointed deputy director of fundraising for Mr Tinubu’s 2027 presidential reelection campaign on Saturday.

States

Police dislodge bandits’ hideout, rescue three kidnap victims in Kaduna

Mr Hassan said the rescued victims have been reunited with their families, while efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.

World

Chinese humanoid robot ‘Lightning’ beats Usain Bolt’s 100m world record

The robot’s time also edged Bolt’s world record of 9.58 seconds in the men’s 100m, which the Jamaican set at the 2009 World Athletics Championships in Berlin.

Nyesom Wike

Politics

My goal is to deliver Rivers, FCT for Tinubu in 2027; not interested in APC campaign DG position: Wike 

Mr Wike said that he has no interest in being a member of Mr Tinubu’s presidential campaign council.

Africa

Former world boxing champion Zolani Tete shot dead outside his home in South Africa

The motive behind the killing of the boxer is yet to be ascertained, according to the police.