Saturday, August 22, 2026

Anthony Joshua involved in accident on Lagos-Ibadan expressway

Photos of Joshua in a wrecked vehicle at the accident scene emerged on social media amid rescue efforts.

• December 29, 2025
Anthony Joshua involved in accident
Anthony Joshua involved in accident (Credit: DSP Babaseyi Oluseyi, Ogun police spokesperson)

Former heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua was involved in an accident along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Monday.

Reports said the accident occurred in Makun, Ogun State.

Photos of Joshua in a wrecked vehicle at the accident scene emerged on social media amid rescue efforts. In another video, he was seen being rescued from the car. 

The cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.

When contacted, Ogun State police spokesman, Oluseyi Babaseyi, told Peoples Gazette that the command will release a statement on the accident.

Akinbiyi Babatunde, spokesperson for the Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE), could not be immediately reached for comment on this story, as his phone was switched off.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Accident Scene

Lagos

Five die in Badagry road crash

Mr Oke-Osanyintolu said, ““The remains of the victims were carefully recovered, bagged with dignity, and handed over to officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps.”

Ngozi Olejeme and Betta Edu

Heading 1

Tinubu appoints Ngozi Olejeme, Betta Edu fingered in over N1billion fraud as 2027 campaign council members

The EFCC told the People Gazette that investigations were still ongoing on Mr Edu’s case.

The U.S Pentagon building in Arlington, Virginia

World

U.S. military fires publisher, top editor of Stars and Stripes reporting U.S. navy sailors’ travails

The newspaper’s publisher since 2007, Max Lederer, who had earlier this week announced his retirement in September, was also fired.

Atiku Abubakar

Heading 2

Atiku’s latest position on subsidy driven by political desperation, says ex-APC spokesman

Mr Oladejo noted that subsidy removal should not be reduced to a mere campaign slogan.

MultiChoice

NationWide

EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay

One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.