Thursday, August 20, 2026

Apo-Wassa road ready for inauguration on Tinubu’s second anniversary: Wike

Mr Wike stated this in Abuja on Saturday, after he inspected the project and others in preparation for Mr Tinubu’s second anniversary at the end of May.

• May 10, 2025
Wike inspecting Apo-Wassa road
Wike inspecting Apo-Wassa road

Nyesom Wike, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), says the 15-kilometre Apo to Wassa road project is ready for inauguration to celebrate President Bola Tinubu’s second anniversary.

Mr Wike stated this in Abuja on Saturday, after he inspected the project and others in preparation for Mr Tinubu’s second anniversary at the end of May.

The 15-kilometre left-wing service lane of the Outer Southern Expressway, from Ring Road I to Wassa Junction, was awarded to ease traffic congestion and open up the Wassa District for development.

The minister said the road, which had been completed, was among several projects being concluded for inauguration to celebrate Mr Tinubu’s second year in office.

He commended the contractor, China Geo-Engineering Corporation (CGC), for fulfilling its promise of making the road ready for inauguration in May.

Mr Wike equally inspected the ongoing construction of the N16 Interchange at NICON Junction and the road project that passes through Gishiri village to link Maitama and Katampe Districts to Wole Soyinka Way.

He lauded the pace of the projects and expressed optimism that they would be completed and be part of several others that would be inaugurated by the end of May.

“By next week, we will be able to provide all the projects that will be inaugurated to celebrate Tinubu’s second anniversary.

“This is one of them, OSEX to Wassa is also one of them; the Abuja International Conference Centre is another one. So many roads.

“Phase I of Obafemi Awolowo Way (N5) from Life Camp Junction to Ring Road III is another one, so many road projects both in satellite towns and the city.

“Even the Greater Abuja Water Supply project will also be inaugurated. It will take us about two weeks to inaugurate most of our projects,” he said.

The minister said more people-oriented projects were underway in the FCT and its satellite towns, stressing that more roads would be constructed and many schools renovated.

He added that the FCT Administration would particularly do more to improve security in the territory.

Mr Wike commended residents for the support so far and urged them to continue taking ownership of the provided infrastructure.

“On our part, we will do everything we can to ensure that all facilities and infrastructure provided are protected,” Mr Wike said.

(NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Uncategorized

Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos

Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

UNICEF

Port Harcourt

UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children

The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them. 

Ebonyi State CP Urunwa Okafor

States

Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction

Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.

Scene at the Ataoja's palace.

Heading 1

Suspected cultists denied access to Davido at Ataoja’s palace shot 60-year-old man dead: Police 

Police said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after the governor visited the monarch alongside Davido. 

Peter Mbah

Heading 2

Gov. Mbah appoints 23 new SAs, SSAs

Mr Onyia said the appointments take immediate effect.

Music console

Hot news Home top

Nigeria, Kenya lose $286 million music revenue annually to copyright gaps: U.S.

She urged policymakers to ratify and fully implement the WIPO Copyright Treaty.