Borno police nab two suspects with 13 sacks of vandalised cables

Operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, under the Anti-Social Vice Unit of the Borno State police command, on Thursday, arrested two suspected high-tension electric cable vandals.
In a statement on Friday, spokesperson for the command, Nahum Daso, said the nabbed suspects, 24-year-old Saminu Muhammed, and 25-year-old Mohammed Bukar, concealed the vandalised cables in 13 sacks disguised as animal feed.
Mr Daso said, “On 26th January 2026, at about 1000hrs, operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) Anti-Social Vice Unit, acting on credible intelligence, apprehended two suspects (1) Saminu Muhammed M’ 24yrs (2) Mohammed Bukar M’ 25yrs in Gubio Local Government Area.
“The suspects were found in possession of thirteen (13) sacks containing vandalized high-tension electrical cables, which had been concealed and disguised as animal feed. The case has since been expanded for further discreet investigation and prosecution.”
According to Mr Daso, the arrest represents another significant breakthrough under the Commissioner of Police, Naziru Abdulmajid, in the command’s sustained operations against the theft and vandalism of critical state infrastructure.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Taraba govt unveils action plan to tackle climate change
Mr Kefas urged the federal government, the national council on climate change and other stakeholders to work with the state to implement the policy and action plan.

Africa
Edo Queens ready to contest WAFU B qualifying ticket in Ouagadougou, says coach
The WAFU-B qualifiers will determine the team that represents the zone at the 2026 CAF Women’s Champions League.

NationWide
Troops rescued 59 kidnap victims, killed several terrorists in one-week nationwide operations: DHQ
Mr Onoja said the troops of Operation Hadin Kai rescued eight kidnap victims during the week in the North-East.

Hot news Home top
Uber fined $966 million for deactivating drivers’ accounts over alleged fraudulent practices
Uber said it disagreed with the regulator’s decision and said it would file an appeal.

NationWide
Defence minister, gender advocates, others seek women inclusion in governance
The minister stressed the need for women to contribute their quota to tackle complex security challenges within the country.

Heading 1
Ogogo: Colleagues hold prayer session for ailing Nollywood actor
He prayed God Almighty to give Mr Hassan’s family, friends, and colleagues the strength to stand by the actor.






