Buhari regime says Nigeria needs prayers from U.S., not confusing terror alerts

President Muhammadu Buhari regime says Nigeria needs prayers from the United States and not confusing terror alerts.
“I think what we need is prayers from the United States,” according to defence minister Bashir Magashi. “Not giving us information that will make our citizens to be either confused or not being able to take appropriate action.”
Mr Magashi disclosed this on Tuesday during the budget hearing of the House of Representatives Committee on Defence.
The defence minister further said that the Nigerian “minister of foreign affairs is taking that up to ensure that information of such nature is brought to the notice of the ministry before disseminating to the society.”
The U.S. and UK embassies in Abuja had last week raised the alarm of possible terrorists attack in the nation’s capital.
The security advisories stated that markets, churches, government buildings are among potential terrorist targets, and warned their citizens to leave Abuja.
Similarly, Australian and Canadian embassies have issued security advisories warning of terrorists attack in Abuja.
However, minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, dismissed the advisories as “click bait”, claiming security agencies are on top of the situation.
President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement by his spokesperson Garba Shehu, had also urged citizens not to panic over the security alerts.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.

Economy
Abia tax reform targets efficiency, says commissioner
The Abia government says its tax reforms are designed to improve transparency, accountability and efficiency in revenue collection.






