Buhari supporters stranded following Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp shutdown
President Muhammadu Buhari and cabinet members may be unable to communicate with the regime’s supporters following today’s Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp shutdown.
The regime enforced Twitter ban on June 5, 2021 after President Buhari’s violence-inciting tweet was deleted.
Although the federal government has been in talks with the social app executives, the discussions have so far been fruitless as the ban is yet to be lifted.
Ever since Twitter ban, Buhari’s supporters and other government agencies have relied heavily on Facebook, adopting it as their major communication channel.
Political figures such as Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, Femi Fani-Kayode with hundreds of thousands of followers are known to convey messages to the public via Facebook.
However, the outage has now rendered these regime mouthpieces socially invisible and unable to connect with supporters of Mr Buhari.
With Twitter ban, the Buhari regime and supporters may be stranded indefinitely should the Facebook shut down persist.
More from Peoples Gazette
Mr Abdullahi said the community had suffered more than 13 attacks, lost more than 50 persons and have spent over N200 million in the last two years as ransom.
Liverpool are now second on the EPL log with 45 points in 21 games, displacing Chelsea who had 43 points in 22 games so far.
The APC chieftain, who is aspiring to become Nigeria’s president in 2023, has revved up visitations to politicians in the name of sympathy.
The traffic diversions and road rehabilitation would last for three months, Lagos transport commissioner said.
Police spokesman in the state, Wasiu Abiodun, in a statement in Minna on Sunday, said the victims were abducted at about 02:00 a.m. on Friday.
EEDC warned that if electricity theft was not abated, energy services in the region would be jeopardised.