Chinese mine explosion kills 90, injures several

Deadly explosion rocked a mining site in China on Friday, killing at least 90 people and injuring several.
A heavy blast rocked the Liushenyu mine in Qinyuan county, Shanxi province, on Friday, leaving several other people injured, State media Xinhua reported.
About 247 workers were on duty underground when the blast happened around 7:29pm on Friday.
Recue efforts were ongoing at the mining site, while the operator of the mine site had been arrested.
President Xi Jinping called for thorough investigations into the incident.
“All regions and departments must learn from the lessons of the accident. Remain vigilant regarding workplace safety, thoroughly investigate, rectify all types of risks and hidden dangers, and resolutely prevent and curb the occurrence of major and serious accidents,” Mr Xi said.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Abuja
2027: NDC South-East targets one million votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT
Mr Nwosu said the group would commence intensive mobilisation ahead of the campaigns.

Lagos
Five suspected vandals nab, stolen iron rods recovered in Lagos
Ms Adebisi added that discreet investigation is ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects.

Hot news Home top
Kano Emirate introduces drug test for prospective traditional rulers
He said the measure became necessary because of the harmful effects of drug abuse on individuals.

Heading 5
Ajayi scores as Hull City stun Manchester United in EPL opener
Ajayi opened the scoring for the Tigers in the 17th minute.

Heading 4
Tinubu appoints tax czar Zacch Adedeji as 2027 campaign fundraising deputy director
Mr Adedeji will join other politicians in raising funds for Mr Tinubu’s re-election bid.

Abuja
FCTA trains health workers on basic life support to improve emergency care
She explained that the participants would share the knowledge gained with their colleagues.






