Cops arrested for killing two passers-by while chasing Lagos hoodlums

The police command in Lagos State has apprehended its officers involved in a shooting that killed two passersby in the Alagbado area of the state.
It was gathered that the officers were pursuing suspected criminals in the area when gunshots were accidentally discharged during the operation.
Residents had expressed concern over the incident, prompting swift intervention by the authorities to contain tensions and maintain public safety.
The command’s spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, who confirmed the arrest in a post shared on her X handle, said the officers were apprehended on Friday.
“The officers implicated in the unfortunate incident had been taken into custody pending further investigation, ” she said.
Ms Adebisi said that the Commissioner of Police, Olohundare Jimoh, had ordered a thorough and comprehensive probe to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
The spokesperson further stated that additional security operatives had been deployed to the community to forestall any breakdown of law and order.
According to the police spokesperson normalcy has been restored in the community.
She assured the people of the state that justice would be served and outcome of the investigation would be made public in due course.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
Troops rescued 59 kidnap victims, killed several terrorists in one-week nationwide operations: DHQ
Mr Onoja said the troops of Operation Hadin Kai rescued eight kidnap victims during the week in the North-East.

Hot news Home top
Uber fined $966 million for deactivating drivers’ accounts over alleged fraudulent practices
Uber said it disagreed with the regulator’s decision and said it would file an appeal.

NationWide
Defence minister, gender advocates, others seek women inclusion in governance
The minister stressed the need for women to contribute their quota to tackle complex security challenges within the country.

Heading 1
Ogogo: Colleagues hold prayer session for ailing Nollywood actor
He prayed God Almighty to give Mr Hassan’s family, friends, and colleagues the strength to stand by the actor.

States
Zulum assures parents FG, Borno working to rescue 44 Borno pupilsÂ
Mr Zulum expressed sympathy to the affected families.

World
U.S. court sets one-month timeline for FBI to explain why Tinubu criminal records should stay secret
The judge requested the agency to file its final response on September 18, 2026.






