Court document reveals P Diddy paid $1 million for Tupac assassination

U.S. rapper Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs was further implicated in new court documents that claimed he paid $1 million to have Tupac Shakur assassinated in 1996.
Mr Combs’ name appeared in the records over 75 times.
Key suspect Duane ‘Keefe D’ Davis, who was apprehended in Tupac’s murder probe last year, said Diddy had funded his rival’s assassination on September 7, 1996, according to court documents obtained by U.S. Sun.
Pseudonyms ranging from Puff Daddy, P Diddy and Diddy were mentioned in the documents filed on July 18, where the first reference indicated that there was already bad blood between Diddy and Tupac.
The “deadly rivalry” between Diddy’s Bad Boy Records on the East Coast and Tupac’s Death Row Records, then owned by Marion “Suge” Knight on the West Coast, was not a secret in the hip-hop industry.
Keefe told law enforcement that Diddy paid $1 million to another gangster, Eric Von Martin, to kill Tupac.
According to Keefe’s account in court records, Diddy reached out after the news of Tupac’s assassination broke, asking whether it was “us” or another rival gang.
“Sean Combs reaches out to Defendant wondering if South Side Crips were responsible for Shakur’s death by asking, ‘Is that us?’,” court records showed. “Defendant, beaming with pride, answers, ‘Yes’.”
Keefe had willingly given up the information under the assumption that he had immunity from prosecution, which had now backfired and could be used to convict him.
“Defendant( Keefe) asserted that the conspiracy to commit the murder began in California between Defendant, Eric ‘Zip’ Martin, and Sean Combs,” court filings stated
Keefe admitted to LA police detectives that his nephew Orlando ‘Baby Lane’ Anderson “popped the dude (Tupac), narrating in detail how his nephew “leaned over, rolled down the window, and popped them.”
“Defendant [Keefe] has asserted publicly that he only told on himself and wasn’t trying to provide evidence against anyone else in his conversations with police. However, this statement belies this claim, as he suggested that Sean Combs paid Eric Von Martin a million dollars for the killings,” the court records stated.
When police questioned him, asking, “When you said paid, paid by Puffy, right?” Keefe responded with a “Yeah,” court records showed.
“I wish I never met Puff Daddy, period. I swear to God…He messed up my life, man. I was, I was rich, up under the radar, all that, man…it’s all gone,” court records cited Keefe as saying.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Lagos
Lagos police nab six over viral video of miscreants harassing motorists
Ms Adebisi said the command was already aware of the activities of the miscreants.

Heading 3
NYSC DG urges corps members to remain politically neutral, obey scheme rules
According to him, adherence to the core values of the scheme remains non-negotiable.

States
ADC cautions Jigawa government against unregulated mining
He warned that inadequate mining regulations could provide opportunities for bandits.

States
Enugu receives $125,000 U.S. grant for preservation of Lejja Iron-Smelting site
Mr Hudspeth said the grant is aimed at transforming and providing digital documentation of the site.

States
Tinubu urges Adeleke to promote unity, reconciliation in Osun
The president urged Mr Adeleke to focus on governance and improving the welfare of Osun residents.

Abuja
Mahmoud calls on churches, mosques to promote peace ahead of 2027 elections
Ms Mahmoud urged citizens to continue supporting and praying for Mr Tinubu.






