Despite FG’s denial, documents show accountant-general’s office posted foreign affairs officials to PFIPC

Amid the controversy over the existence of the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC), official documents have shown that the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF) approved the redeployment of some staff members from federal ministries to the agency last year.
The documents surfaced amid public outrage that trailed the federal government’s denial of the agency’s existence and the appointment of its director-general, Adeniyi Adeyemi.
A circular dated August 28, 2025, and signed by Dauda Abdulhamid, Director of Administration at the OAGF, showed that some treasury officers from the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other departments and agencies were also posted to the agency.
The permanent secretaries and heads of key federal institutions, including the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), were among the recipients of the circular approving the postings, which the OAGF said was intended to strengthen service delivery.
Affected officers were directed to submit their assumption-of-duty certificates to the Office of the Accountant-General on or before Thursday, September 11, 2025.
The OAGF had also warned that failure by affected officers to comply with the posting directive would attract sanctions under the Public Service Rules.
“I am further directed to reiterate that all officers are to note that failure to comply with this posting instruction shall be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Rules PSR 020602 (iv),” he wrote.
Omeh Amarachukwu Henry, a principal auditor on Grade Level 12, was posted from the foreign affairs ministry to the audit unit of the Office of the Director-General, Presidential Economic Advisory Council (PEAC), specifically to the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC).
Also redeployed from the foreign affairs ministry to the PFIPC account unit were Wakili Saidu Lampo, a senior auditor on Grade Level 10, and Ojo Akinpelu Victor, an accounts officer on Grade Level 13.
Bawa Salihu Mokwa, the spokesperson for the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF), could not be immediately reached for comments.
Earlier, the president’s chief of staff, Femi Gbajabiamila, denied that the agency existed under President Bola Tinubu’s administration and that Mr Adeyemi had never been appointed to head it.
Reacting, Mr Adeyemi, at a press conference, alleged that Mr Gbajabiamila had collected N400 million through a proxy and demanded an additional N200 million to secure his appointment.
The PFIPC chief questioned how the agency appeared on pages 50 and 51 of the 2026 appropriation budget and how it secured a space at the federal secretariat if it did not exist.
However, the federal government has maintained that the agency does not exist and that Mr Adeyemi is an impostor, despite documents indicating that the PFIPC had been operating. The development has generated outrage among Nigerians, who have questioned the authenticity of the Tinubu-led government’s claims.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

World
Police probe murder of two men in Glasgow apartment
The police said a knife was believed to have been used to commit the murder.

World
Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios suspended after testing positive for cocaine
Mr Kyrgios said, “I’d ask that people respect my privacy during that time, and most importantly the privacy of my family. I’m sorry. I’ll do the work and come back better.”

Hot news Home top
Beware of fertility treatment, surrogacy, ‘miracle baby’ scams in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
“If you’re considering fertility treatment in Nigeria, exercise caution,” it said.

Uncategorized
Osun: INEC presents certificate of return to Gov. Adeleke, deputy
The governor called on those who contested the election against him to join him in moving the state forward.

Heading 2
Over 500 Nigerians offered to cure Ogogo of cancer spiritually, says Jide Kosoko
Mr Kosoko urged fans to continue to pray for the actor’s healing.

Heading 4
Family expresses ‘heartfelt thanks’ as GoFundMe for Cambridge’s youngest Black professor’s funeral hits over £200,000
The family stated, “We have been touched by the messages of love, condolences and acts of kindness during what is a deeply painful time for our family.”






