Diddy Sex Scandal: Lawyer accuses Jay-Z of raping 13-year-old girl

American rapper Jay-Z has been named in a lawsuit alleging he and fellow music mogul Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs raped a 13-year-old girl at an after-party following the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards in New York.
According to the New York Times, the lawsuit, filed by an unnamed plaintiff, claims the assault occurred after she consumed a drink that left her feeling disoriented.
The accusations against Jay-Z were added to an ongoing civil suit initially filed in October.
The plaintiff had previously accused Diddy and an unnamed celebrity of sexually assaulting her at the event.
In the amended filing on Sunday, she identified Jay-Z as the second alleged perpetrator, claiming the two men took turns assaulting her.
The lawsuit comes amid a wave of legal battles facing Diddy, who is contending with federal sex trafficking and racketeering charges, as well as at least 30 other lawsuits accusing him of sexual misconduct.
Diddy has denied all allegations and pleaded.
The 55-year-old businessman responded forcefully to the claims, calling them “idiotic” and accusing the plaintiff’s lawyer, Tony Buzbee, of attempting to blackmail him.
In a detailed statement, the billionaire rapper said he received a demand letter from Mr Buzbee, which he described as a calculated attempt to secure a settlement.
“What he had calculated was that the nature of these allegations and the public scrutiny would make me want to settle,” Jay-Z said. “No, sir, it had the opposite effect!”
He also questioned the credibility of the lawsuit, urging the lawyer to pursue criminal charges if the allegations were true.
“Whomever would commit such a crime against a minor should be locked away, would you not agree?” he said, adding that the civil suit appeared to prioritise profit over justice.
Mr Buzbee, a Houston-based attorney known for high-profile litigation, has reportedly filed more than 20 lawsuits against Diddy, using hotlines, social media, and press conferences to encourage alleged victims to come forward.
Jay-Z expressed his frustration over the personal toll of the allegations, noting the impact on his family. “My wife and I will have to sit our children down… and explain the cruelty and greed of people,” he said, lamenting the “loss of innocence” his children may face due to the public scrutiny.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Soldiers foil kidnap attempts in Zamfara, rescue victims
Mr Danja stated that seven victims, comprising four women and three children, were successfully rescued unharmed.

States
Anambra health insurance agency warns desk officers against overbilling enrollees
Mr Ezeka urged the officers to uphold transparency, professionalism and accountability in the discharge of their duties.

Economy
Iran, Brazil set to deepen economic, trade ties
Iran and Brazil agreed to develop a joint roadmap to deepen economic and trade relations.

Diaspora
Nigerian Foluso Omole arrested while fleeing Australia, charged over $5 million fraud
Mr Omole, 38, was arrested at Adelaide Airport as he attempted to flee Australia for Nigeria last Friday.

States
Edo presents framework against digital gender-based violence
The state Commissioner for Health, Cyril Oshiomhole, emphasised that survivors of GBV should not be blamed for violence perpetrated against them.

World
Sri Lanka to criminalise unauthorised forex transfers
The proposed amendment will affect the Foreign Exchange Act, No. 12 of 2017, which the government said contains gaps that limit criminal action against certain outward remittances.






