Distribution companies jack up meter price

Electricity Distribution Companies otherwise known as DisCos, have announced an increase in prices for various electricity meter models.
The latest increment makes it the second price hike in just four months.
The cost of a single-phase meter has risen from approximately N117,000 to N149,800.
The new rate is also coming amid the nationwide blackout following the collapse of the national grid.
The new rate depends on the distribution company and meter vendors.
The price for the three-phase meter, which is often used for larger homes or commercial buildings, has also witnessed an increase. .
The new prices are scheduled to take effect on Tuesday.
The price will also reflect the deregulation of Meter Asset Providers as directed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
Recall that in April, the NERC introduced a significant policy shift by allowing more flexibility in meter pricing under the MAP.
The move was aimed at addressing lingering issues surrounding meter supply and pricing transparency within the electricity sector.
The NERC had also said the latest order, meter prices under the MAP scheme will now be determined through competitive bidding rather than being centrally regulated.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Oyebamiji begs Adeleke, IGP Disu to stop post-election violent attacks on APC members
“I wish to alert the state government and security agents to the growing trend of hostility and violence against our members and supporters,” Mr Oyebamiji said on Tuesday.

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.






