EFCC declares ex-minister Olu Agunloye wanted over $6 billion Mambilla contract

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has declared a former Minister of Power and Steel, Olu Agunloye, wanted over alleged corruption and forgery.
The commission made the announcement in a public notice signed by its spokesperson, Dele Oyewale, and posted on the agency’s official Facebook and Instagram channels on Wednesday.
He stated, “The public is hereby notified that Dr Olu Agunloye, whose photograph appears above, is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in an alleged case of corruption and forgery.
“Dr Olu Agunloye is wanted by the EFCC. If you know his whereabouts please don’t hesitate to inform the EFCC or the nearest police station.’’
According to the commission, Agunloye, aged 75, is from Akoko North Local Government Area of Ondo State.
It also gave his last known address as No 20 Solel Boneh Way Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State.
The EFCC urged anyone with useful information on his whereabouts to contact its offices in Benin, Kaduna, Ibadan, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Makurdi, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Lagos, Gombe, Uyo, Port Harcourt and Abuja, or through its telephone lines and email.
The commission had earlier invited Agunloye for questioning over his role in the six billion dollars Mambilla hydropower contract.
Recall that former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, had accused Mr Agunloye of mismanaging the power project during his tenure from 1999 to 2003 and failed to brief him on the state of the project.
Mr Agunloye, however, denied the allegations stressing that the nature of the initial contract for the project was awarded as a Build, Operate and Transfer contract in May 2003 under his watch.
In a related development, the commission also declared one Iluyomade Akinwale wanted for allegedly obtaining money under false pretence.
Iluyomade, 39, whose last address is No.3, Chevron Drive, Lekki Lagos, hails from Ondo East Local Government Area.
It urged anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts to report to the nearest EFCC office or police station. (NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
ISIS would have taken over Nigeria if not for Tinubu, presidency spokesman says
“Were it not for the various interventions of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria would have become a sorry state security-wise,” the presidential aide said.

Health
Yobe: Authorities issue alert as conjunctivitis reaches epidemic level in Potiskum
Conjunctivitis has reached epidemic proportions in Potiskum and surrounding communities, prompting health authorities to alert residents.

Politics
Delta: INEC fixes September 19 for Udu constituency by-election
The Independent National Electoral Commission has fixed September 19 for the by-election into the Udu Constituency of the Delta House of Assembly.

Economy
Nigeria implementing policies to reduce methane emissions from waste: FG
The federal government is implementing policies to reduce methane emissions from dumpsites and promote sustainable waste management practices across the country.

Economy
Subsidy removal made life difficult for Nigerians, Tinubu used money to fund governors’ opulent lifestyle: Atiku
“That is not reform. It is economic arson followed by propaganda about the ashes,” Phrank Shaibu said of President Bola Tinubu’s policies.

Politics
I won’t focus on religion, ethnicity in my 2027 presidential election campaign: Obi
“Daddy, I need you to speak to your people in the South-West and Kwara, the Christians in the South-West and Kwara,” Mr Obi said in 2023. “This is a religious war.”






