Elon Musk moves to take custody after baby mama allegedly threatens to transition one-year-old son

Billionaire tech guru Elon Musk has announced plans to file for full custody of his one-year-old son following his baby mama, Ashley St. Clair’s public apology over her past transphobic remarks.
Mr Musk, on Monday, revealed the decision in a post on X, contained in a response to a concerned user’s comment.
“I will be filing for full custody today, given her statements implying she might transition a one-year-old boy,” Mr Musk tweeted.
The X CEO’s decision follows Ms St. Clair’s publicly expressed regret over past transphobic views, which Mr Musk says has raised concerns.
As of press time, Ms St. Clair has not responded to Mr Musk’s remarks.
Ms St. Clair, a right-wing influencer, came into the limelight in February 2025 when she announced that Mr Musk was the father of her son.
“Five months ago, I welcomed a new baby into the world. Elon Musk is the father,” she claimed.
“I have not previously disclosed this to protect our child’s privacy and safety, but in recent days it has become clear that tabloid media intends to do so, regardless of the harm it will cause,” she stated.
Retracting her past views on transgender issues, Ms St. Clair, on Sunday, acknowledged the potential harm her previously held views may have caused members of the public in a post on X.
“I feel immense guilt for my role. And even more guilt that things I have said in the past may have caused my son’s sister more pain. Idrk how to make amends for many of these things but I have been trying incredibly hard privately to learn + advocate for those within the trans community that I’ve hurt,” she tweeted.
“I also haven’t said much on this bc I have gone back and forth over whether my voice would be helpful on the issue since it will be framed as disingenuous or just turning bc I’m “scorned.” Even this reply will become right wing hysteria but yeah I am sorry. Let me know how I can help,” she added.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
Customs hands over 399 seized rifles to arms control agency
Mr Adeniyi said officials seized the firearms during the inspection and documentation of a consignment at Tincan Island Port, Lagos.

States
New Edo assembly speaker suspends Agbebaku, majority leader over alleged corruption
Mr Idiaye, who represents Akoko Edo Constituency I, was elected the new speaker following Blessing Agbebaku’s resignation on Monday.

States
Regional development minister lauds NEDC projects in Borno
Minister of State for Regional Development, Uba Maigari Ahmadu, commended the North East Development Commission (NEDC) for ongoing projects in the region.

Economy
Nigeria’s headline inflation falls to 15.43%
The NBS said headline inflation fell to 15.43% in July from 15.91% in June.

Lagos
FG adds 208 MW transmission capacity to boost industries in Lagos
Minister of Power, Joseph Tegbe, said it would strengthen electricity supply to some of Lagos’ most economically important corridors.

States
Voter apathy mars Bauchi LG poll
At some polling centres in the Dawaki, Tirwun, Kofar, Ran and Yelwa areas of Bauchi, there were no voters or election officials, despite the deployment of security personnel.






