#EndSARS: Nigerian youths protested to remove me, says Buhari
President Muhammed Buhari says the #EndSARS protests were attempts by Nigerian youths to remove him from office.
He also attributed Nigeria’s loss of foreign investment to the protests.
Mr Buhari said on Thursday in an exclusive interview on ‘Good Morning Show’ on ARISE TV.
When asked about his regime’s plans to make Nigeria more attractive for foreign investments, Mr Buhari explained that the youths should behave well if they want better jobs.
“This question was answered when there were the #End SARS protests. You remember the young people who wanted to match here and remove me.
“I have ordered the members of the executive council to go (to) each state to speak to the governors, the traditional leaders, the business people to tell the youths that if they want jobs, they would (have to) behave themselves and make sure Nigeria is secured,” stated the president.
Mr Buhari added, “So that people can come in to invest because people know Nigeria is secured. We are (a) rich country, and God had endowed us.
The #EndSARS protests began with a demand for the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) dissolution and an end to police brutality.
The protests also led to the demand for better governance and institutional reforms.
More from Peoples Gazette
So far, Liverpool has garnered 13 points in five games in the EPL this season.
A stubborn Southampton side for 90 minutes frustrated City from seeing the back of the net.
The state commissioner of police, Hakeem Odumosu, warned that suicide was morally wrong and criminal.
One hundred bales of the nets were recovered from Kwami, while nine bales from Billiri. Each bale contains 50 nets.
The World Bank is to finance seven of the 15 listed projects across the six geo-political zones.
One of the robbers was arrested with the help of residents of the community, while the other one escaped.