Ex-OGTV broadcaster Kitan Oyesiku’s former security guard led gang who murdered her: Police

The Ogun State police command on Thursday paraded three suspects in connection with the murder of a former broadcaster with OGTV, Kitan Oyesiku and her security guard, Pelumi Adetayo.
The state Commissioner of Police, Bode Ojajuni, who presented the suspects at the command headquarters in Eleweran, Abeokuta on Thursday, said investigations had progressed significantly, leading to the arrest of the trio.
Mr Ojajuni said that forensic analysis of a handwritten note and technical tracking led to the arrest of the suspects.
The commissioner of police said the principal suspect, a former security guard to Ms Oyesiku, recruited two accomplices, to assist in executing the crime.
The CP said the principal suspect confessed to recruiting the accomplices and participating in the murder to allegedly teach the deceased a lesson.
Mr Ojajuni commended the public for supporting the investigation, which led to the arrest of suspects connected with the incident.
He said the case was reported at Owode Egba Police Station following suspicious activities at the residence of the deceased.
“Preliminary findings showed that the front door of the residence had been partially damaged, while the security post within the compound was locked.
“Detectives who gained access to the premises found the lifeless body of the security guard, inside the security house. The body of the late broadcaster was discovered in a pool of blood in the living room of the main building.
“Investigators also discovered that the deceased’s Lexus RX 330 vehicle was missing, raising suspicion of robbery and murder. The command subsequently launched an intensive intelligence gathering and technical tracking operations to identify those responsible and recovered the vehicle.
“The missing vehicle was later traced and recovered on Monday through credible intelligence and technical analysis. The breakthrough came after investigators linked the abandoned vehicle to the vicinity of the principal suspect’s residence.”
The commissioner noted that the principal suspect allegedly killed the security guard to eliminate any witness who could expose his involvement.
He added that the principal suspects admitted to committing the crime and also recruited other two suspects.
The CP said the suspect complained that his salary was inadequate during his period of service.
He added that findings further showed that the suspect frequently demanded money from the deceased after leaving her employment.
The police commissioner explained that investigations were ongoing to consolidate evidence and ensure diligent prosecution of persons connected with the crime.
Mr Ojajuni stressed police commitment to securing justice for the victims and their families.
Recall that the police command on Sunday launched a probe into the deaths of the retired broadcaster, Oyesiku, and her security guard at Iyana Agodo Village, Kobape, Abeokuta.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Uncategorized
Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos
Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

Port Harcourt
UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children
The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them.Â

States
Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction
Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.

Heading 1
Suspected cultists denied access to Davido at Ataoja’s palace shot 60-year-old man dead: PoliceÂ
Police said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after the governor visited the monarch alongside Davido.Â

Hot news Home top
Nigeria, Kenya lose $286 million music revenue annually to copyright gaps: U.S.
She urged policymakers to ratify and fully implement the WIPO Copyright Treaty.Â







