Thursday, August 20, 2026

Ex-OGTV broadcaster Kitan Oyesiku’s former security guard led gang who murdered her: Police

Mr Ojajuni stressed police commitment to securing justice for the victims and their families.

• June 25, 2026
Kitan Oyesiku
Kitan Oyesiku [Credit: Galaxy Television]

The Ogun State police command on Thursday paraded three suspects in connection with the murder of a former broadcaster with OGTV, Kitan Oyesiku and her security guard, Pelumi Adetayo.

The state Commissioner of Police, Bode Ojajuni, who presented the suspects at the command headquarters in Eleweran, Abeokuta on Thursday, said investigations had progressed significantly, leading to the arrest of the trio.

Mr Ojajuni said that forensic analysis of a handwritten note and technical tracking led to the arrest of the suspects.

The commissioner of police said the principal suspect, a former security guard to Ms Oyesiku, recruited two accomplices, to assist in executing the crime.

The CP said the principal suspect confessed to recruiting the accomplices and participating in the murder to allegedly teach the deceased a lesson.

Mr Ojajuni commended the public for supporting the investigation, which led to the arrest of suspects connected with the incident.

He said the case was reported at Owode Egba Police Station following suspicious activities at the residence of the deceased.

“Preliminary findings showed that the front door of the residence had been partially damaged, while the security post within the compound was locked.

“Detectives who gained access to the premises found the lifeless body of the security guard, inside the security house. The body of the late broadcaster was discovered in a pool of blood in the living room of the main building.

“Investigators also discovered that the deceased’s Lexus RX 330 vehicle was missing, raising suspicion of robbery and murder. The command subsequently launched an intensive intelligence gathering and technical tracking operations to identify those responsible and recovered the vehicle.

“The missing vehicle was later traced and recovered on  Monday through credible intelligence and technical analysis. The breakthrough came after investigators linked the abandoned vehicle to the vicinity of the principal suspect’s residence.”

The commissioner noted that the principal suspect allegedly killed the security guard to eliminate any witness who could expose his involvement.

He added that the principal suspects admitted to committing the crime and also recruited other two suspects.

The CP said the suspect complained that his salary was inadequate during his period of service.

He added that findings further showed that the suspect frequently demanded money from the deceased after leaving her employment.

The police commissioner explained that investigations were ongoing to consolidate evidence and ensure diligent prosecution of persons connected with the crime.

Mr Ojajuni stressed police commitment to securing justice for the victims and their families.

Recall that the police command on Sunday launched a probe into the deaths of the retired broadcaster, Oyesiku, and her security guard at Iyana Agodo Village, Kobape, Abeokuta.

 (NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar

Abuja

Tinubu govt looted fuel subsidy funds, I’ll restore policy if elected president: Atiku

“Where is the money? They stole it. I will return fuel subsidy. The big thing was that they removed the subsidy, but where is the money?” stated Mr Abubakar.

El-Rufai in court

Rights

El-Rufai’s request for transfer of trial to another judge rejected

Kaduna’s chief judge said there was no basis to transfer Mr El-Rufai’s case file from Justice Darius Khobo of the Kaduna State High Court.

PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU

Politics

Let us debate issues, Tinubu challenges Atiku, Obi ahead of 2027 presidential poll

Let us campaign on superior ideas. Let us debate issues and promote the best policies to expand opportunities for our people.

Uncategorized

Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos

Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

UNICEF

Port Harcourt

UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children

The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them. 

Ebonyi State CP Urunwa Okafor

States

Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction

Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.