‘I killed my patients to save them from suffering,’ says doctor who murdered 15 people

A palliative care doctor has been sentenced to prison in Germany for killing 15 patients.
During the sentencing on Wednesday, Judge Sylvia Busch said the conviction for 15 murders could reveal other crimes the doctor had committed.
The palliative care doctor, simply identified as Johannes M, 41, was found guilty of murdering his patients, 12 women and three men.
A court in Berlin found Dr Johannes guilty of murdering 12 women and 3 men between September 2021 and July 2024.
During his trial last month, the doctor confessed to having “killed people”.
He admitted before the court that he killed his patients to save them from “suffering and infirmity”.
The doctor added, “Throughout it all, I thought this was the best thing for everyone.”
Prosecutors are now investigating other cases involving the doctor, noting that he injected his patients with lethal sedatives and a combination of various medicines without their consent.
After killing his patients, he often set fires to cover his tracks. Prosecutors said he killed two patients in a single day in July 2024.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Economy
Fuel Subsidy: Atiku’s proposal is for subsidising local oil production, aide says
“(The former vice-president) said he will subsidise Nigerian fuel production, not imported fuel—capped, audited and transparent,” his aide clarified.

Politics
‘I won, beat you guys,’ Davido teases Wike over Osun poll victory
In the short clip, the singer said, “I won, beat you guys,” as Mr Wike responded, disputing the claim, saying, “No, no.”

NationWide
The face of Nigeria’s first naira trillionaire, his net worth, businesses
His multinational conglomerate was estimated at $35.2 billion (₦47.45 trillion based on ₦1,348 to $1). This makes him the 66th richest person globally.

NationWide
How El-Rufai started rumour about me being Mossad agent: Donald Duke
“It was Nasir El-Rufai who started the rumours about me being Mossad, and I confronted him about it,” Mr Duke said.

Economy
Atiku advertising economic ignorance by pushing to restore fuel subsidy in Nigeria: Tinubu
“One of my opponents now says he will go back to subsidy. I read it. That is a demonstration of serious ignorance of governance and economy,” Mr Tinubu stated.

Politics
Oluyede visits Ekiti governor, pledges support for Tinubu’s re-election
Wole Oluyede, PDP governorship candidate in the June 20 election in Ekiti, has promised to work for the re-election of President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 presidential election.






