I will not demolish any building without compensation: Gov Sani

Governor Uba Sani has vowed that his government will not demolish any structure or dispossess any citizen of his or her building without fair and adequate compensation.
The Governor further pledged that his administration will not hide under the guise of ‘’overriding public interest’’ to displace property owners, in order to execute projects.
He made the promise at the flag off of the distribution of cheques to 189 affected households along the Rigasa township roads, which was held at Rigasa on Wednesday.
According to him, the ground breaking ceremony of the Makera road, Lokoja road, Ado Gwaram road and Asmau Makarfi Spur was performed on 12th September 2025.
The Governor said that the road projects progressed steadily as ‘’drainage systems and hydraulic structures were constructed. Earthworks advanced appreciably along key sections.’’
Government was however faced with a moral challenge because homes, businesses and essential service infrastructure lay within the designated right-of-way, he said.
Governor Uba Sani then directed that ‘’construction be temporarily slowed to allow for a thorough, transparent, and equitable assessment of all affected properties and utilities.’’
He said that as a policy, his administration has ‘’ resolved that no citizen would be made to suffer unjustly in the name of development.’’
The Governor promised that ‘’we will not cloak expediency in the language of ‘Overriding Public Interest.’ Public interest must never eclipse private rights without restitution.’’
‘’Since 29th May 2023, when we took the oath of office, our guiding principle has been clear: governance must be anchored in justice, tempered by compassion, and executed with integrity.
‘’Roads, bridges, and public works may define the physical landscape of a state, but it is fairness and empathy that define its moral landscape,’’ he argued.
Last Wednesday, the Governor flagged off the distribution of cheques to the affected homeowners as compensation to enable them ‘’ to relocate, rebuild, or reorganize their lives with dignity.
Governor Uba Sani who thanked them for their patience and understanding, pointed out that ‘’this is not charity; it is justice fulfilled.’’
He maintained that the compensation reflects a consistent policy, adding that ‘’across Kaduna State, we have compensated approximately 120 households in Mahuta on the Rabah Road project.’’
The Governor further said that government had earlier compensated ‘’282 households from Magajiya to Albarkawa in Zaria; 14 households from Audi to Kako.’’
According to him, 86 households linking Dogon Bauchi to Kakiyeyi and 33 households along the Kabala Costain corridor, among many others, have been paid, adding that ‘’in total, we have disbursed about N2.85 billion in compensation. ‘’
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Troops kill one IPOB member in Anambra, recover explosive devices
Troops raided IPOB and ESN stronghold in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State and killed one of their members.

Sport
Beach Volleyball: Nigeria beat Morocco, qualify for Los Angeles 2028 Olympics
The Nigerian women’s beach volleyball team qualified for the Olympic Games event for the first time in history after defeating Morocco 2-0 in the 2026 CAVB final on Saturday.

Agriculture
Ekiti LG distributes improved cocoa seedlings to farmers
The chairman of Ikole Local Government Area, Bayo Omojola, said the seedlings would boost earnings and improve farmers’ livelihoods.

Economy
PENGASSAN elects Bosun Olabiyi-Agoro as national president
Mr Olabiyi-Agoro succeeds Festus Osifo, who served as the association’s national president for six years.

States
Fire guts Calabar mall
The inferno reportedly started around 7:00 a.m. in a section of the mall before spreading rapidly and growing into a huge fire.

Politics
2027: Shun thuggery, promote peace, Plateau CP tells youths
Mr Faniyan said youths remain central to democracy and national development.






