Igbos supporting Nnamdi Kanu that’s not fit to be governor of any South-East state: Yakassai
Northern leader Tanko Yakassai says Igbos have not shown seriousness in their bid to produce Nigeria’s next Nigerian president come 2023, adding that prominent south-easterners are busy throwing their weight behind IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu.
Mr Yakassai, who made this statement while speaking on Channels TV on Monday night, said the support given secessionists in the South-East region by prominent citizens was doubtful.
Explaining why, Mr Yakassai said, “There is doubt because this Nnamdi Kanu, whom ordinarily would not be a good candidate for the governorship of any of the south-eastern states, is now claiming the attention and support of prominent people in the South-East.”
“I am a strong supporter of a president from the South after Buhari and also if he can come from the South East no problem; I will support it,” Mr Yakasai said. “The quarrel is that this is not something that you just stay at home and think that people will come to your house to dash it to you.
Advising the Igbos, the northern leader stated, “You have to show interest. You have to be serious. You have to try to convince people that you are really up to the task. This is what, in my opinion, is missing in the South-East.”
The Igbos have repeatedly accused other parts of the country of marginalisation, being the only region yet to produce a president since Nigeria returned to democratic rule in 1999.
More from Peoples Gazette
Mr Abdullahi said the community had suffered more than 13 attacks, lost more than 50 persons and have spent over N200 million in the last two years as ransom.
Liverpool are now second on the EPL log with 45 points in 21 games, displacing Chelsea who had 43 points in 22 games so far.
The APC chieftain, who is aspiring to become Nigeria’s president in 2023, has revved up visitations to politicians in the name of sympathy.
The traffic diversions and road rehabilitation would last for three months, Lagos transport commissioner said.
Police spokesman in the state, Wasiu Abiodun, in a statement in Minna on Sunday, said the victims were abducted at about 02:00 a.m. on Friday.
EEDC warned that if electricity theft was not abated, energy services in the region would be jeopardised.