Monday, August 17, 2026

‘I’m safe, healing,’ Lil Kesh says after stabbing, robbery ordeal

Reports said Lil Kesh narrowly escaped death in a robbery attack on Wednesday.

• August 22, 2025
Keshinro Ololade
Keshinro Ololade [Credit; TheCable Lifestyle]

Nigerian rapper Keshinro Ololade, popularly known as Lil Kesh, has assured fans he is safe and in stable condition after being robbed and stabbed in a recent attack.

The “Don’t Call Me” crooner confirmed the incident on his X handle (formerly Twitter) on Thursday, a day after it occurred, expressing gratitude to fans and the public for their support.“Life threw me a curveball, but I’m safe, healing, and blessed to be here,” the 30-year-old wrote. “Grateful for the love, support, and prayers.”

Though the authorities are yet to release an official statement on the robbery incident, Hip TV and other outlets reported that Lil Kesh narrowly escaped death in a robbery attack on Wednesday.

He was reportedly stabbed in the neck, sustained a deep ear injury, and was robbed of his jewellery worth millions.

The news has caused his fans to feel anxious, with numerous individuals expressing their prayers and good wishes for him on social media.

Fans and supporters have continued to send their love and prayers to the musician and decried the state of security in Nigeria.

An X user, @youngblesstmoni, wrote, “God’s hand is mighty. He carried you through for a reason. Your testimony will inspire and uplift many.”

Another user, @GoldnSamson, stated, “Thank God my singer has recovered. I hope those who did this will be found.

Also, @kim_fenrir said, “Sorry about what happened to you. We really need to do better with the security of everyone in this country, fr. Get well soon, fam, strength.”

“Sending you continued love, peace, and healing. May each day bring more comfort, strength, and joy. You’re not alone, and it’s beautiful how love and support have surrounded you. Stay strong, bro. Wish you a speedy recovery, Lil Kesh. Pray God keep watching over you from evil people.” @Reekyofficial0 posted.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Troops with rescued victims

States

14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army

The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby

States

19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby

According to the police, the suspect was under pressure to have a child, as some of her peers had already given birth.

Makinde congratulates Adeleke

Politics

Makinde congratulates Adeleke, urges INEC to conduct credible 2027 elections

The off-cycle election is a litmus test for the 2027 general election, according to Mr Makinde, who urged the commission not to let Nigerians down in 2027.

Lagos restates ban on use of vehicle dealer number plates

Lagos

Lagos restates ban on use of vehicle dealer number plates

The Lagos government has reiterated its ban on the permanent or everyday use of dealer number plates by motorists and vehicle dealers.

Fubara speaking with Wike

States

Wike-sanctioned Rainbow coalition pledges inclusive Rivers reconciliation

The reconciliation efforts aim to restore political harmony among stakeholders while fostering unity, progress and development across Rivers.

Anti-Corruption

Looted Wealth: Nigerians who forfeited assets to FG (1)

The asset forfeiture followed court rulings after the country’s anti-corruption agencies, especially the EFCC, pressed charges against them after investigations.