INEC extends deadline for submission of 2027 presidential, NASS candidates’ lists

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has approved the extension of the deadline for political parties to submit lists of candidates for the 2027 presidential and National Assembly elections.
The commission, in a statement on Sunday by Mohammed Haruna, its national commissioner and chairman of the Information and Voter Education Committee, said the deadline had been changed from Saturday, July 11, to midnight on Tuesday, July 14, 2026.
INEC said the extension followed the Inter-Party Advisory Council’s appeal on behalf of political parties.
“The decision to extend was based on an appeal by the Inter-Party Advisory Council, on behalf of political parties who were unable to upload the names and personal particulars of their candidates within the scheduled timeline,” the statement stated.
According to INEC, the extension underscored its commitment to ensuring inclusivity in its practices while acting within the ambit of the law.
The commission enjoined political parties to take advantage of this window of opportunity and ensure that all necessary details are uploaded before the new deadline expires.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Uncategorized
Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos
Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

Port Harcourt
UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children
The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them.Â

States
Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction
Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.

Heading 1
Suspected cultists denied access to Davido at Ataoja’s palace shot 60-year-old man dead: PoliceÂ
Police said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after the governor visited the monarch alongside Davido.Â

Hot news Home top
Nigeria, Kenya lose $286 million music revenue annually to copyright gaps: U.S.
She urged policymakers to ratify and fully implement the WIPO Copyright Treaty.Â







