Iran launches ballistic missiles at Israel

Israel’s military has confirmed that Iran launched dozens of missiles towards the country on Tuesday.
The attack was said to have been a response to the killing of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah and others.
Following the explosion, many Israelis rushed to bomb shelters and raised fears of all-out war in the region even as alarms sounded across the country and attacks being heard in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
Isreal Defense Forces spokesperson Daniel Hagari, who confirmed the fresh attack, noted that there were multiple injuries, saying it was not the first time the country had faced a threat from Iran.
“There was a serious attack on us, and there will be serious consequences,” Mr Hagari told reporters, adding that Israel is ready for a counter-attack.
He added that there were no fatalities, although Israel’s emergency services said at least two people sustained light injuries “from shrapnel in the Tel Aviv area.”
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) confirmed the attack, saying the missile attack on Israel was a response to the killing of Mr Nasrallah last week, as well as that of the Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh earlier this year, the country’s news agency report.
“In response to the martyrdom of Ismail Haniyeh, Hassan Nasrallah and [IRGC commander Abbas] Nilforoushan, we targeted the heart of the occupied territories,” the IRGC said in a statement shortly after the explosion.
According to the statement, Iran had launched tens of missiles at Israel and that if Israel retaliated, Tehran’s response would be “more crushing and ruinous.”
Also, Iran’s state television said 80 per cent of the missiles launched at Israel hit their targets even though the Israeli military claimed that a “large number” of the missiles had been intercepted.
However, the firing of missiles came after Israeli troops launched ground raids into Lebanon, in the biggest escalation of regional warfare since fighting erupted in Gaza last October.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Showbiz
Ogogo: AGN urges actors to undergo regular medical check-ups
Nollywood actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan is battling stage four cancer, according to his daughter, Shakirat Taiwo. Ms Taiwo appeared in a video crying and begging for help.

Jos
Terrorists kill 23 people in latest attack on Plateau community
Terrorists invaded the Bin-Per community in Plateau killing 23 people, including women and children.

Politics
APC governors, chieftains in Osun on election day acted like bullies, undermining democracy: Jonathan
Mr Jonathan censured the national ruling party for attempting to bully and intimidate Osun voters on Saturday, warning them against becoming a menace to society.

Economy
Nigerian airlines urged to engage unions constructively
Airlines have been urged to engage air transport unions constructively to ensure sector stability and avert losses for industry players and the broader economy.

Sport
Nigeria U-18 handball team begins camp ahead of cadets championship
The Nigeria Under-18 male handball team has commenced camping in Abuja ahead of the 22nd African Cadets Men’s Championship scheduled to be held in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.

Sport
FCT FA Division One Super 8: My Hope FC beat Hypebuzz FA
My Hope Football Club came from a goal down to defeat Hypebuzz Football Academy 3-1 in their Group A fixture of the 2026 FCT FA Division One League Super 8 on Monday in Abuja.






