Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz

President Donald Trump has threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of the deal between the United States and Iran regarding the Strait of Hormuz.
“If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them,” Mr Trump told Fox News on Monday.
Mr Trump’s threat comes amid ongoing Iran-Oman negotiations to resume shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.
The U.S. president’s threat also followed the expiration of the 60-day deadline earlier agreed by both Iran and the U.S for a truce and ending the protracted conflict.
The two countries signed the Islamabad memorandum of understanding on June 18 in Pakistan to achieve a broader peace deal.
The pact terms included Iran reopening the strategic waterway to commercial shipping, while the U.S. was to lift its blockade.
Previously in May, Mr Trump threatened a “blow them up” strike and warned Oman against attempting to control the Strait of Hormuz along with Iran.
The U.S. threat at the time objected to negotiations between Iran and Oman, who were jointly considering tolls on ships passing through the waterway.
“The United States government will not tolerate any effort to impose a tolling system in the Strait of Hormuz,” U.S. treasury secretary Scott Bessent said. “Oman, in particular, should know that the U.S. Treasury will aggressively target any actors involved—directly or indirectly—in facilitating tolls for the Strait and any willing partners will be penalised.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.

Economy
Abia tax reform targets efficiency, says commissioner
The Abia government says its tax reforms are designed to improve transparency, accountability and efficiency in revenue collection.






