Court orders NFF to halt September 30 election
The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court has ordered the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to temporarily halt the upcoming election that is scheduled to take place on September 30, 2022.
The judgment was passed in a suit FHC/ABJ/CS/1376/2022 brought against the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) (Trading under the name and style of the Nigeria Football Federation) (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, Hon. Minister of Sports and Youth Development.
Justice Inyang Ekwo in his ruling on the matter on Thursday morning ordered the NFF to put a hold on the election which was supposed to hold in the next 15 days and that parties should maintain the status quo before adjourning the case to October 31, 2022.
The court had earlier adjourned further hearing in the suit to October 2022 in a sitting that took place in June.
The plaintiffs had initiated the litigation to ask for an amendment to the 2010 NFF statutes. They seek equal representation for all the five statutory bodies that make up the NFF as it relates to voting rights and representation on the NFF Board.
Harrison Jalla, Victor Baribote, Austin Popo, and The Registered trustees of the National Association of Nigeria Footballers (NANF) (Trading under the name and style of Professional Footballers Association of Nigeria) (PFAN) are the plaintiffs in the suit.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Judge Mohammed Jibril, who gave the order, also ordered Ms Abdulmalik to return the unsewn wrappers he bought her as gifts.
Qatar has recorded more than 440,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 692 deaths from the virus.
Mr Wushishi said that 13,594 candidates were involved in various forms of malpractice in 2022, representing 0.13 per cent.
The judges said that the hearing must go on in spite of the suspect’s decision to boycott it from his jail cell.
The initiative was inspired by the wanton sectarian killings that trailed the 2011 presidential election where incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari lost to then-President Goodluck Jonathan.
Speaking to reporters after the court session, Mr Shehu-Usman denied the allegation of receiving a bribe.