Tuesday, August 18, 2026

FBI raids Donald Trump’s mansion; ex-U.S. president says operation similar to Third World countries

Mr Trump said the attack was aimed at preventing him from running for president again in 2024.

• August 8, 2022
Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump (Photo by MANDEL NGAN/AFP via Getty Images)

Former U.S. President Donald on Monday evening said FBI agents broke into his mansion in Florida as part of an ongoing investigation.

Mr Trump said the attack was aimed at preventing him from running for president again in 2024, accusing Democrats of abuse of the justice system in a manner similar to Third World countries.

See Mr Trump’s full statement of August 8 below:

These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents.

Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before. After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate.

It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections. Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries.

Sadlv, America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before. They even broke into my safe! What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee?

Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States.

The political persecution of President Donald J. Trump has been going on for years, with the now fully debunked Russia, Russia, Russia Scam, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, and so much more, it just never ends. It is political targeting at the highest level!

Hillary Clinton was allowed to delete and acid wash 33,000 E-mails AFTER they were subpoenaed by Congress. Absolutely nothing has happened to hold her accountable. She even took antique furniture, and other items from the White House.

I stood up to America’s bureaucratic corruption, I restored power to the people, and truly delivered for our Country, like we have never seen before. The establishment hated it.

Now, as they watch my endorsed candidates win big victories, and see my dominance in all polls, they are trying to stop me, and the Republican Party, once more. The lawlessness, political persecution, and Witch Hunt must be exposed and stopped.

I will continue to fight for the Great American People!

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Bola Tinubu in a jolly mood with Wike.

States

I would have delivered Osun to Tinubu even if people voted against APC: Wike

Mr Wike insisted the outcome of the election would have been different if he had been on the federal government team that went to Osun State.

Tinubu and Keir Starmer

Opinion

Obiageli Ezekwesili: President Tinubu, terminate the dodgy £746 million ports deal

To my fellow citizens, this deal will worsen Nigeria’s fiscal and economic future. I have spoken. You have a voice. Use it.

Local drug store

States

Kano govt bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

The Kano State government has banned patent medicine stores across the state from administering intravenous (IV) fluid infusion and blood transfusion.

Peter Mbah and Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)

States

Gov Mbah increases ESUT subvention to N276 million, urges ASUU to suspend strike

The increase brings the state government’s total monthly funding to ESUT from N161 million to N276 million.

States

Gov. Idris okays N2 billion, buses for seven Kebbi tertiary institutions

Mr Abubakar-Tunga said the buses were meant to enhance mobility, welfare, and learning conditions across the institutions.

Nigerian Correctional Service

NationWide

NCoS urges inmates to deepen religious values, build character

Mr David urged inmates in custodial centres to let religion take deeper root in their character to achieve desired reformation.