Kaduna fire kills family of four in Zaria

The Kaduna State Fire Service said a fire incident which occurred in the early hours of Friday has resulted in the death of one Mohammadu Sani, his wife Raulatu Sani, their son Hashim Sani (8) and an infant, Fatima Sani.
Mohammad Umar, Commander of the service in charge of Zaria Zone, made this known in an interview with reporters in Zaria on Friday.
Mr Umar said the outbreak occurred at around 1:00 a.m. on Hajiya Maituwo St., Low Cost Area Zaria, Zaria Local Government.
He added that the fire service was called after the fire had already destroyed substantial part of the house.
Mr Umar added that the timely intervention of the fire service curtailed the spread of the inferno to neighbouring houses in the area.
A witness, Safiyanu Aliyu, said that the late Sani was an Imam at one of the mosques on Buhari Street, Low Cost, Zaria.
Mr Aliyu, who did not mention the cause of the fire, said they heard a distress call from the members of a vigilance group guarding the area over a fire outbreak.
He added that by the time they came out for assistance, it was discovered that the fire had destroyed the apartment where ill-fated family resided.
He said the remsins of the deceased family were taken to their family house in the Dogarawa in Sabon Gari Local Government for the Islamic burial rights.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Hot news Home top
Tinubu will win re-election in 2027 easily, Wike boasts
Mr Wike stated, ““2023 election was a tough one for him. Nobody knew what the government at the time was trying to do, and even governors were afraid.”

States
NBA urges Kaduna govt to extend interventions in judiciary to lower courts
Mr Aliyu commended the governor for providing 40 official vehicles to judges of the High Court, Shari’ah Court of Appeal, and Customary Court of Appeal.

Heading 1
Wike orders demolition of houses blocking drainage channels after flood overruns Abuja
Mr Wike stated, “We will demolish all those houses found on the water channels. Some of them are (owned by) senators. Some of them are (owned by) big men.

Heading 2
NDLEA intercepts 184.50 kilograms of cocaine, nabs cartel leader Afolabi Michael ‘KC Luxury’
The NDLEA said KC Luxury parades “as a social media influencer and businessman dealing in gold, jewellery, and luxury goods.”

Heading 5
Police apprehend two suspected members of Ogun ‘one chance’ syndicate
Mr Babaseyi stated, “Efforts are currently being intensified by operatives to track down and apprehend other fleeing members of the syndicate.”

Lagos
APC chieftain seeks centralisation of party campaign structure
Mr Sewedo said that there were too many independent campaign groups under the APC.






