Kano charges preacher to court for blaspheming Prophet Muhammad

An Islamic preacher, Abduljabbar Kabara, has been sued to court by the Kano State Government for blasphemy against Prophet Muhammad and incitement of the people.
The Commissioner for Information in Kano, Muhammed Garba, announced this in a statement on Friday evening.
The government said Kano-based Islamic cleric was famous for controversial religious commentaries and statements, which were regarded as mortifying the companions and the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
Mr Kabara is being sued following the receipt of the First Information Report from the police by the Office of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, the statement read.
It also said that the accused had been arraigned on Friday, July 16 before an Upper Sharia Court at Kofar Kudu.
Mr Kabara was charged before Qadi Ibrahim Sarki-Yola, for blasphemy, incitement, and sundry offences.
The statement added that the court adjourned to July 28, while the scholar would remain in police custody until Monday July 19 2021, when he would be remanded in prison till the adjourned date.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
PENGASSAN urges action on oil, gas reforms
PENGASSAN called for the effective implementation of ongoing oil and gas reforms to attract sustainable and bankable investments into the sector.

NationWide
EFCC withdraws cybercrime charges against Bayero University student Maryam Shehu, another individual
The anti-graft agency said its chairman Ola Olukoyede ordered the withdrawal of the charges on compassionate grounds.

Anti-Corruption
Man arraigned over alleged N40 million visa fraud
The magistrate adjourned the case until October 26 for mention.

World
ICC president Akane warns of ‘demise of rule of law’ after Trump sanctions
ICC president Tomoko Akane warned of the demise of the rule of law after the U.S. sanctioned her and senior trial lawyer Abdoulaye Seye.

NationWide
Eid-ul-Mawlid: FG declares Tuesday public holiday
Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, said the period should also serve as a time for collective prayer for the country’s peace and cohesion.

States
Minister recruits 200 volunteer teachers to provide extra classes for SSCE, UTME candidates in Katsina
The initiative would initially cover Malumfashi, Funtua, Dutsinma, Kankia, Katsina, Mani, and Daura local government areas, with plans to expand it to all 34 LGAs in the state.






