Saturday, May 28, 2022

Kwara assembly passes N189.4 billion 2022 budget

Some lawmakers in their contributions described the budget as ambitious and urged the executive to ensure swift implementation.

• January 27, 2022
Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and Yakubu Danlaadi

The Kwara House of Assembly on Thursday passed the state’s 2022 Appropriation bill of N189.4 billion. 

The appropriation bill was passed after the House considered and adopted the report of House Committee on Finance and Appropriation during Tuesday’s plenary.

The report, which was presented by the Chairman of the Committee, lbrahim Ambali (APC, Owode-Onire), enjoyed the support of all members at the plenary

Some lawmakers in their contributions described the budget as ambitious and urged the executive to ensure swift implementation.

The appropriation bill was later read for the third time by the Clerk of House, Haleemah Kperogi, prior to its passage.

In his remark, the Speaker, Yakubu Danlaadi, reaffirmed the determination of the House towards effective lawmaking in the state.

“With today’s passage of the 2022 Kwara budget, the capital expenditure is 56 per cent of the total budget size, while the remaining 44 per cent is for Recurrent Expenditure,” the Speaker said.

Mr Danlaadi promised that the House would intensify on its oversight function’s to ensure proper implementation of the budget.

The speaker applauded Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq for making provision for consequential adjustments of N39,000 minimum wage from grade level seven to seventeen in this year’s budge.

Mr Danlaadi later directed the Clerk of the House, Ms Kperogi, to prepare a clean copy of the Bill for Governor’s assent.

(NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

Mohammed Hayatu-Deen

Politics

Hayatu-Deen withdraws from PDP presidential primary

The aspirant said the contest has been “obscenely monetised”.

Olu Falae

Politics

No zoning of presidency in Nigerian Constitution: Falae

The former presidential candidate, while speaking on the contentious issue of zoning, said it was not part of the conditions for Nigeria’s presidency.

PDP and APC

Politics

APC shifts presidential primary to June 6-8; PDP to go ahead with convention

Felix Morka, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, announced this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.

States

Four suspected rail track vandals arrested in Kaduna

Operatives of the NSCDC arrested four suspected vandals and recovered 500 railway slippers in Kaduna.

Politics

APC Oshodi-Isolo II APC Primary: Jude Idimogu scores zero; loses third term bid

His greatest challenger, Oladipo Ajomale, pulled 30 votes from the 30 party delegates to emerge winner of the exercise.

Politics

James Faleke wins APC Ikeja Federal Constituency ticket for fourth term

The Returning Officer, Ewosho Oladunjoye, declared Mr Faleke the winner having polled 47 votes out of a possible 50.