Thursday, August 20, 2026

LA Wildfires: Meghan Markle delays launch of lifestyle TV show

Netflix said late Sunday that, at the request of the Duchess of Sussex, the show was pushed to March 4.

• January 13, 2025
Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle’s new lifestyle TV series on Netflix, ‘With Love, Meghan’, has been postponed by three months due to the wildfires ravaging Los Angeles.

Netflix said late Sunday that, at the request of the Duchess of Sussex, the show was pushed to March 4.

It was due to premiere worldwide on Netflix on Wednesday.

The show was to feature “the LA native cooking, gardening, crafting and hosting parties.”

“I’m thankful to my partners at Netflix for supporting me in delaying the launch, as we focus on the needs of those impacted by the wildfires in my home state of California,” Ms Markle said in a statement made available on Monday.

A trailer for ‘With Love, Meghan’’ showed Ms Markle cooking in her home kitchen, arranging flowers, trying her hand at beekeeping and spending time with famous friends.

Ms Markle and her husband, Prince Harry, visited a meal distribution site for people affected by the Los Angeles wildfires last week.

They live in Montecito, near Santa Barbara, some 145 kilometres from Los Angeles. 

(dpa/NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Ebola outbreak

Africa

Congo’s M23 rebels announce movement restrictions over Ebola concerns

The new measure followed confirmation that two travellers from the government-held town of Lubero tested positive for Ebola in a village under M23 control.

Mirza Alamgir

World

Mirza Alamgir elected Bangladesh president

Under Bangladesh’s parliamentary system, the presidency is largely ceremonial, while executive authority rests with the prime minister.

Chinese flag

World

Be neutral in U.S.-China rivalry, China tells South Korea

The United States of America has maintained its official position that North Korea must denuclearise

President Bola Tinubu

NationWide

Tinubu orders five-year national threat assessment, defence plan

Mr Tinubu directed the committee to commence work immediately and submit the plan for his consideration and approval within 90 days.

Nigeria Farmers

Agriculture

Ogun farmers beg Gov. Abiodun for inclusion in agriculture-related programmes 

Ms Kusimo said farmers should be regarded as strategic partners of government rather than simply beneficiaries of agricultural programmes.