Lagos government reopens Third Mainland Bridge

The Lagos government has announced that the part of the Third Mainland Bridge, which was closed in November for rehabilitation, will be reopened by 6:00 p.m. today (December 21, 2023).
Disclosing this in a statement on Thursday, the commissioner for transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, stated that the bridge, after the completion of the maintenance, is now fully accessible to the public.
“We are pleased to announce that parts of the Third Mainland Bridge, which were closed last month, will reopen today, December 21, 2023, by 6:00 p.m. Following essential maintenance, the entire bridge is now fully accessible to the public, ensuring smoother connectivity and safe commuting.
“We appreciate your patience during the temporary closure and understand the inconvenience it may have caused. The reopening reaffirms our commitment to infrastructure upkeep and public safety. We wish you a joyful holiday season and safe travels,” he stated.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Sport
List of Premier League stars expected to shine in 2026/2027 season
Last season, Gonzalo GarcÃa scored 12 goals and provided four assists in all competitions.

World
Passenger’s laptop catches fire on American Airlines flight
The plane, which took off from Atlanta, had 133 individuals on board.

Heading 1
FG approves two new satellites to boost connectivity
Mrs Nkechi Egerton-Idehen said the approval marked an important milestone for the company and Nigeria.

Abuja
2027: NDC South-East targets one million votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT
Mr Nwosu said the group would commence intensive mobilisation ahead of the campaigns.

Lagos
Five suspected vandals nab, stolen iron rods recovered in Lagos
Ms Adebisi added that discreet investigation is ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects.

Hot news Home top
Kano Emirate introduces drug test for prospective traditional rulers
He said the measure became necessary because of the harmful effects of drug abuse on individuals.






