NAF conducted over 8,665 missions in 18 months: Air Chief
![Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Hasan Abubakar [Photo Shettima]](https://gazettengr.com/wp-content/uploads/Chief-of-Air-Staff-CAS-Air-Marshal-Hassan-Abubakar-Photo-Shettima.png)
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) conducted over 8,665 missions and 9,928 sorties within 15,915 flying hours across all aircraft types between June 2023 and December 2024.
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Hassan Abubakar, disclosed this on Thursday in Abuja while playing host to the permanent secretary, Ministry of Defence, Gabriel Aduda, who was on a familiarisation tour of the Defence and Services Headquarters.
Mr Abubakar said the feat underscored the magnitude of the relentless air efforts in all theatres of operations, including Operations Hadin Kai, Fansan Yamma, Delta Safe, Safe Haven, AWA TSE, UDO KA and Whirl Stroke.
“So far, our personnel have demonstrated professionalism, resilience and unwavering dedication in the face of evolving security challenges.
“However, these efforts greatly depend on the continuous and solid support from the Ministry of Defence,” he said.
Mr Abubakar lauded President Bola Tinubu’s appointment of Mr Aduda, describing it as an excellent choice.
He said his appointment was apt, given his outstanding pedigree as a five-time permanent secretary in various ministries, including Foreign Affairs, Women Affairs, and Petroleum Resources.
Mr Abubakar expressed confidence that Mr Aduda’s leadership and expertise were poised to significantly address the critical challenge of insecurity in the country.
He said the ministry‘s steadfast support had enabled NAF to fulfil its mandate as a critical component of Nigeria’s defence architecture.
The CAS said NAF had witnessed a remarkable transformation, as evident in the revitalisation of its fleet and enhanced operational readiness.
According to him, NAF has taken delivery of 14 brand new advanced aircraft as part of 64 aircraft, which will be delivered in the space of three years.
Responding, Mr Aduda said the decision to visit the services was in recognition that it was the services that gave the ministry its effective performance and maximise efficiency strategically, operationally and tactically.
Mr Aduda assured the CAS that the ministry would give him maximum cooperation and work with him collaboratively to ensure that his dreams and aspirations were accelerated and achieved.
“So, I want to thank you once again for the very good work that I enjoyed. I and my team want to assure you that we’re looking forward to taking this further,” he said.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Africa
EU allocates €2.3 million to curb cholera outbreaks in Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon, CAR
The European Commission has allocated €2.3 million in emergency humanitarian funding to Nigeria, Cameroon, the Central African Republic and Chad to help contain cholera.

World
Doctors remove 3.1kg bladder stone from man in Sri Lanka
The surgery was performed on Friday, after which the bladder stone, also weighing as much as a newborn baby, was removed.

Anti-Corruption
Court jails two for illegal naira cash trading at Lagos event centre
The court sentenced two persons to six months’ imprisonment each after they pleaded guilty to unlawfully trading naira notes.

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Katsina
Troops rescued six males and eight females abducted in Katsina State.

States
Police arrest suspected transformer vandal in Enugu
Police said the suspect was found unconscious with various degrees of injuries.

World
U.S. govt indicts 17 Iranians over cyber theft
Prosecutors said the suspects allegedly stole more than 31 terabytes of data from institutions across the U.S.






