Nigerian women are corrupt but men are worse, Peter Obi says

Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential standard-bearer, says he prefers working with Nigerian women even though they are corrupt because he believes their male counterparts.
Mr Obi’s running mate in the February 25 presidential race is not a woman despite his claim that he finds them more productive.
His opponents Bola Tinubu of the APC and Atiku Abubakar of the PDP also do not have a female running mate.
“I can say it without anything; women are more productive in Nigeria than men any day, any time. I worked with them when I was in the banking industry, they saved the bank. When they believe in anything they go for it,” stated the Labour Party candidate.
Mr Obi added, “I wish our men will do the same thing. And they (women) are less corrupt; they are easily satisfied with little. Men will just go on and on forgetting that it is public money they are taking. I am very sorry about that, men. I am one of you but I have to say the truth of what I observed.”
Mr Obi made the statement during Channels TV’s town hall meeting debate on Sunday night, answering a question on how he would increase women representation and participation in governance if elected president.
The former Anambra governor further promised that women would play a key role in his government if elected while recalling how his administration in Anambra was dominated by women.
“As governor, I was about to set up a ministry of men’s affairs because women took over. It is simple, go and verify. As governor of Anambra state, my chief of staff, the permanent secretary of Government House, the commissioner for finance, the accountant general, the head of service, the commissioner for youths and sports, the commissioner for education, the commissioner for local government were all women; they took over,” Mr Obi said.
Incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari infamously derided Nigerian women when he said that his wife, Nigeria’s first lady’s place is in the kitchen and “the other room” (bedroom).
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Oyebamiji begs Adeleke, IGP Disu to stop post-election violent attacks on APC members
“I wish to alert the state government and security agents to the growing trend of hostility and violence against our members and supporters,” Mr Oyebamiji said on Tuesday.

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.






