Ogun police investigate death of mother, son, one other in Ijebu-Igbo

The Ogun State police command has commenced investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of three residents in Egbe Subair area, Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State.
According to a Facebook post by Ijebu Rewa on Wednesday, residents said earlier in the day that the deceased were a woman, her son, and a man popularly known as “Shanko”.
While the bodies of the man and the woman were found in the toilet, the corpse of the woman’s son was discovered in one of the rooms in the house.
Although the circumstances leading to their deaths had not been confirmed at the time of filing this report, residents who visited the scene alleged that a struggle may have occurred before the deaths, as parts of the toilet and other items within the premises were reportedly damaged.
The bodies have since been deposited in a morgue pending further investigation.
Spokesperson for the command, Oluseyi Babaseyi, confirmed the incident to Peoples Gazette, stating that investigation is ongoing to ascertain the circumstances that led to the deaths.
Mr Babaseyi said, “The Ogun State Police Command is investigating the tragic death of a couple and their four-year-old child discovered in their residence at Oke-Sopen, Ijebu-Igbo, on June 10, 2026. Investigation is ongoing while the bodies have been deposited at the General Hospital Mortuary, Ijebu-Igbo.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
EFCC withdraws cybercrime charges against Bayero University student Maryam Shehu, another individual
The anti-graft agency said its chairman Ola Olukoyede ordered the withdrawal of the charges on compassionate grounds.

Anti-Corruption
Man arraigned over alleged N40 million visa fraud
The magistrate adjourned the case until October 26 for mention.

World
ICC president Akane warns of ‘demise of rule of law’ after Trump sanctions
ICC president Tomoko Akane warned of the demise of the rule of law after the U.S. sanctioned her and senior trial lawyer Abdoulaye Seye.

NationWide
Eid-ul-Mawlid: FG declares Tuesday public holiday
Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, said the period should also serve as a time for collective prayer for the country’s peace and cohesion.

States
Minister recruits 200 volunteer teachers to provide extra classes for SSCE, UTME candidates in Katsina
The initiative would initially cover Malumfashi, Funtua, Dutsinma, Kankia, Katsina, Mani, and Daura local government areas, with plans to expand it to all 34 LGAs in the state.

States
Work to resume soon on Bida-Lambata road, says FG
The federal government said work on the Bida-Lapai-Lambata road project in Niger would resume soon.






