Pakistani driver killed as Iran fires fresh missiles at Dubai despite president’s promise not to attack neighbours

Debris from an aerial interception of a missile fell on a vehicle and killed a Pakistani driver in the Al Barsha area of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, on Saturday.
The Dubai Media Office confirmed the incident in a post on X, amid the ongoing conflict involving Iran, Israel, and the United States, which is affecting other countries in the Middle East.
The Dubai Media Office said, “Authorities confirm that debris from an aerial interception fell onto a vehicle in the Al Barsha area, resulting in the death of a Pakistani driver.”
Two hours before the incident, the media office said debris from another successful interception causeda minor incident on the façade of a tower in Dubai Marina, which was contained and resulted in no injuries.
The UAE Ministry of Defence, in a post on X on Saturday, said its air defence was intercepting ballistic missiles and drone threats from Iran.
It said, “The UAE’s air defences are currently dealing with incoming missile and drone threats from Iran.
“The Ministry of Defence confirms that the sounds heard in scattered areas of the country are the result of the air defence systems intercepting ballistic missiles and fighter jets intercepting and loitering munitions.”
The latest development contradicts Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian’s promise. During a speech earlier in the day, he promised to halt attacks on neighbouring Asian countries unless they launch attacks against his country from their territories.
Although Mr Pezeshkian apologised to neighbouring countries over attacks in the region, he insisted that his country won’t surrender to Israel and the U.S.
He said, “I must apologise on my own behalf and on behalf of Iran to the neighbouring countries that were attacked by Iran. The interim leadership council agreed yesterday that no more attacks will be made on neighbouring countries and no missiles will be fired unless an attack on Iran originates from those countries.”
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, in a statement, also added its voice to the president’s promise, saying, “Following the statements of the president, the armed forces once again declare that they respect the interests and national sovereignty of neighbouring countries and, up to this point, have committed no aggression against them.”
“However, should the previous hostile actions continue, all military bases and interests of criminal America and the fake Zionist regime on land, at sea, and in the air across the region will be considered primary targets and will come under the powerful and crushing strikes of the mighty armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”
Iran has, since February 28, been firing attacks against Israel and Middle East countries that have U.S. military assets. The attacks are in retaliation for military attacks by Israel and the U.S., which led to the killing of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, senior military officials, and some of his loyalists.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Gov Idris drops Abubakar-Tafida, picks ex-finance commissioner as running mate
Governor Nasir Idris has replaced his deputy, Umar Abubakar-Tafida, with ex-finance commissioner Ibrahim Muhammad-Augie as his running mate for the 2027 governorship election.

Opinion
Osun election shows all is not fair in Nigerian politics
The Osun governorship election has now provided an important measure of where Nigeria stands.

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army
The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

States
19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby
According to the police, the suspect was under pressure to have a child, as some of her peers had already given birth.

Politics
Makinde congratulates Adeleke, urges INEC to conduct credible 2027 elections
The off-cycle election is a litmus test for the 2027 general election, according to Mr Makinde, who urged the commission not to let Nigerians down in 2027.

Lagos
Lagos restates ban on use of vehicle dealer number plates
The Lagos government has reiterated its ban on the permanent or everyday use of dealer number plates by motorists and vehicle dealers.






