Peter Obi lying to Nigerians that APC spokesman Morka threatened his life: Ganduje

Abdullahi Ganduje, national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has dismissed as lies Peter Obi’s claim that APC spokesman Felix Morka threatened his life.
In a statement on Wednesday, Mr Ganduje described Mr Obi’s claims as “unfortunate and misleading,” labelling them as “sheer mischief and outright falsehood.”
The APC chair noted that Mr Obi’s allegations would have been ignored if not for the need to “refute such a baseless narrative.”
The APC chairman defended Mr Morka’s comments, saying, “The party stands by the position of Mr Morka in his efforts to defend the federal government and correct the record against disinformation spread by desperate politicians.”
Mr Obi, who ran against Mr Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election in which he came third but claimed to be the winner, had recently raised the alarm that the APC government is punishing him and his family and forcing his associates to distance themselves from him.
However, in an ARISE TV interview aired on Sunday, the ruling party’s spokesman, Felix Morka, claimed Mr Obi is still sulking over his electoral loss and acting irrationally in an attempt to bring down Mr Tinubu’s government.
The APC spokesman, who called Mr Obi of the Labour Party a “prophet of doom” and “voodoo economist,” accused the opposition figure of “shooting from the hip.”
“Mr Obi is shooting from the hip. He is not looking. He is not taking aim. He just shoots widely, like what we used to see in the movies. He is not being rational,” Mr Morka stressed. “He is absolutely irrational in his thinking and public commentary.”
“But Mr Obi has crossed the line so many times, and I think at this point, he has coming to him whatever he gets,” the APC spokesman declared.
The Obidient Movement said the APC was endorsing violence against Mr Obi just as APC on Tuesday attempted to explain why its spokesman accused the former Anambra governor of crossing a line.
Last week, the APC accused Mr Ob of inciting Nigerians against Mr Tinubu’s government.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 2
FBI announces recruitment exercise in U.S, other countries
Mr Rothrock said America needs help to sustain its national peace from home and around the world.

States
Troops foil mass abduction in Zamfara
The spokesman for the operation said the incident occurred on Sunday.

Heading 5
Obi demands compensation for victims of electoral violence, killings in Osun
The NDC chieftain stressed the need for a democracy where elections are conducted without violence.

Abuja
Nigeria’s capital city Abuja flooded, vehicles submerged as FCT residents accuse Wike of encroaching on green areas
According to Mr Olayinka, the FCT administration is working to improve the drainage system.

Heading 4
NFF sacks Super Falcons coach, technical team After WAFCON, World Cup qualification failures
Mr Madugu led the team to their 10th WAFCON title in July 2025.

Sport
Coventry City confirm signing of Taiwo Awoniyi from Nottingham Forest
In 2022, Awoniyi signed with Nottingham Forest in a record fee worth €17.2 million.






