Thursday, August 20, 2026

Police nab four alleged members of Lagos human parts syndicate

The police said the suspects would be charged to court.

• April 1, 2026
The suspects
The suspects (Credit: NAN)

The police command in Lagos State has apprehended four suspects allegedly involved in the possession and sale of human body parts in Lagos.

The he suspects aged between 34, 44, 46 and 48 were apprehended in March by detectives of Adeniji Adele Divisional Police Station.

The principal suspect, a 46-year-old alleged supplier of the human parts, was intercepted with suspected human body parts during a stop-and-search operation on Bamgbose Street in the Lagos Island area.

A police source said on Wednesday that the principal suspect claimed he obtained the dead body at Adeniji Adele under bridge.

“He said that he searches for dead bodies and picks up abandoned human remains from various locations across the state and cut the body into pieces for sale.

“The suspect revealed that he sells the human parts for N10,000 to buyers who use them for ritual purposes. He also claimed to use the bodies to prepare black soap, which he sells to people seeking God’s mercy, good luck, favour, and other perceived spiritual benefits, ” the source said.

It was gathered that the principal suspect’s confession led to the arrest of the other three suspects, who were identified as buyers in the illegal trade.

The suspects, who admitted to purchasing human parts and flesh, said that the parts were supplied through a network of individuals, with certain accomplices currently at large.

The state Commissioner of Police, Fatal Tijani, ordered that the case be transferred from to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, for further investigation.

The Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of SCID, Dayo Akinbisehin, said that the corpse recovered from the principal suspect had been deposited in a morgue

He said that investigations had been concluded, and the suspects would be charged to court.

According to him, efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.

He reaffirmed the department’s commitment to tackling criminal networks and warned that anyone found engaging in such unlawful activities would face the full weight of the law.

Mr Akinbisehin also urged residents to remain vigilant and report suspicious movements or activities to security agencies. 

(NAN)

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Uncategorized

Why Nigeria is becoming an interesting market for international online casinos

Nigeria has an established betting culture, giving gaming businesses a starting point as they assess how consumers discover, compare and use platforms.

UNICEF

Port Harcourt

UNICEF seeks ethical reporting of children

The speakers stressed that the media could either compound children’s burdens or help protect them. 

Ebonyi State CP Urunwa Okafor

States

Ebonyi LG Poll: Police announce movement restriction

Ms Okafor warned that anyone found engaging in acts capable of causing a breakdown of law and order would face the full weight of the law.

Scene at the Ataoja's palace.

Heading 1

Suspected cultists denied access to Davido at Ataoja’s palace shot 60-year-old man dead: Police 

Police said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after the governor visited the monarch alongside Davido. 

Peter Mbah

Heading 2

Gov. Mbah appoints 23 new SAs, SSAs

Mr Onyia said the appointments take immediate effect.

Music console

Hot news Home top

Nigeria, Kenya lose $286 million music revenue annually to copyright gaps: U.S.

She urged policymakers to ratify and fully implement the WIPO Copyright Treaty.