Prince Harry, wife quit social media over ‘cyber bullying’
Rattled by heightened harassment from cyber bullies, British royal couple Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle have discontinued the use of social networking apps, UK newspaper The Sunday Times reported.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex expressed frustration with the barrage of hateful comments they received from online trolls, the newspaper said.
Prince Harry, 36, and biracial American wife Meghan — a 39-year-old former actress — will no longer operate their Facebook and Twitter accounts, including their Instagram handles which have amassed over 10 million followers.
Touted as a “progressive” couple in a largely conservative royal family, the duo had earlier announced their decision to step back from royal duties as senior members of the British monarchy, to pursue “financial independence” and “earn a professional income.”
It remains uncertain if the duchess would relaunch her acting career as the couple transition into their new roles — splitting time between the UK and North America.
The social media would not be accommodated in their trajectory outside royalty, insider sources told the Times.
More from Peoples Gazette
Mr Malami on Wednesday said that naming and shaming of Boko Haram sponsors are judicial functions that commence with arraignment and end with conviction.
The woman’s body was recovered in the bush near a hamlet.