Sunday, August 23, 2026

Saudi crown prince asked Trump to decapitate Iran: Report

The paper on Sunday reported that Mr Trump is in “regular” communication with the Saudi crown prince and other Arab leaders as the war lingers.

• March 16, 2026
Trump and Saudi crown prince
Trump and Saudi crown prince(Credit: KNKX)

As the U.S.-Israeli attack against Iran enters its third week, President Donald Trump is in communication with Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is said to be nudging the American president to hit Iran harder, says The New York Times.

The paper on Sunday reported that Mr Trump is in “regular” communication with the Saudi crown prince and other Arab leaders as the war lingers.

“According to several officials, the advice Mr Trump is getting from the prince is to keep hitting the Iranians hard—essentially repeating the advice that King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who died in 2015, repeatedly gave to Washington: ‘Cut off the head of the snake,’” the report said.

Saudi authorities have yet to respond to the allegation that the crown prince is nudging Mr. Trump to hit Iran harder.

This follows a second report accusing Mr. Salman of secretly encouraging the U.S.-Israel-led Operation Epic Fury attack launched against Iran. 

The attack, first launched on February 28, killed Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and about 40 Iranian officials.

Earlier in the month, The Washington Post reported that Mr Salman secretly lobbied Mr Trump to launch an attack on Iran

However, Saudi authorities have denied claims that Mr Salman secretly lobbied the U.S. president to launch military strikes on Iran.

Fahad Nazer, spokesperson for the Saudi Embassy in Washington, said, “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has been consistent in supporting diplomatic efforts to reach a credible deal with Iran. At no point in all our communication with the Trump Administration did we lobby the president to adopt a different policy.”

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Nasiru Sule-Garo

States

2027: NDC affirms Sule-Garo as Kano North senatorial candidate 

Usaini Mai-Riga, Kano NDC chairman, said the decision followed consultations and consideration of Mr Sule-Garo’s experience as a former member of the National Assembly.

States

Group offers free medical outreach to over 2,000 Kwara residents

The team comprised doctors, nurses, surgeons, pharmacists, laboratory scientists, medical record officers and other healthcare professionals.

States

NDLEA nabs 101-year-old great-grandmother for drug peddling

The centenarian was arrested at Ilisan, Ogun State, with 90 grammes of skunk and a strain of cannabis, which she reportedly admitted selling in retail quantities.

PDP flag

States

PDP rejects Ebonyi LG poll, threatens legal action

The PDP described the exercise as a “mono-party poll”, alleging that the state electoral commission failed to ensure participation of all registered parties.

Politics

2027: APC begins grassroots mobilisation in Eti-Osa East LCDA

Lagos APC inaugurated coordinators of the Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat (KOH) campaign group in Eti-Osa East LCDA.

Sowore, AAC

NationWide

We’re confident of Sowore’s victory in 2027 presidential election, says AAC ‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌⁠⁠‍⁠‌chieftain

Mr Ajayi said he was confident that citizens would reward Mr Sowore with their votes “for fighting for their interests”.