A 10-year-old boy trapped in rubble after the explosion died on the way to a hospital after being rescued.
Three people have been injured in a gas explosion that occurred in the Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun.
The area was cordoned off and the debris successfully evacuated during the 13-hour operation.
“We will know if it is as a result of human error, adulteration, expired cylinders or other technical issues.”
The incident occurred when a technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator at a residence in the area.
Reports say the explosion broke from a gas station generator that was running while the LPG tanker was discharging.