Tinubu became president when Nigerians needed him most: Fasoranti
The former secretary to the Ondo state government, Taiwo Fasoranti, says President Bola Tinubu assumed office at a critical time in Nigeria’s history.
Mr Fasoranti, the son of Afenifere national leader, Reuben Fasoranti, stated this on Wednesday in Akure.
He said the president had tackled many of the challenges confronting the country.
“The dividends of democracy are visible for all to see. We are not there yet, but with the reforms introduced so far, I believe we will get there.
“Look at the dollar-to-naira exchange rate: it has started declining, which reflects a stabilising economy.
“Insecurity is also being addressed with deliberate attention. Security challenges are a global issue,” he said.
Mr Fasoranti further noted that the president’s Renewed Hope Agenda had yielded positive results for the country.
“All we can do is support him to ensure that the initiatives aimed at strengthening our democracy are sustained by encouraging and backing these laudable projects.
“Clearly, no one has been left behind. I believe Tinubu has performed well. Another four-year term will further secure his legacy in the annals of history.
“In 2027, I am 110 per cent confident of his victory. I have no doubt in my mind,” he said.
Mr Fasoranti, who also spoke on his ambition to represent the Ondo Central senatorial district, said his decision to contest was driven by a strong desire to serve the people.
“I believe our people deserve quality representation, purposeful leadership, and committed service. I also believe we can do better than what we currently have. My goal is to serve my community and ensure they benefit from the dividends of democracy under the present administration, where I served as SSG.
“The state is currently on a steady path under the leadership of Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa. The best we can do is attract more federal presence in this dispensation. This will help stabilise ongoing programmes and sustain them while introducing fresh ideas from the federal level,” he said.
The former SSG added that, given his background and grounding in Afenifere’s Omoluabi ethos, he would remain accountable to the people.
Mr Fasoranti said he had consulted widely and prepared adequately before joining the senatorial race and expressed confidence of victory. He also noted that his experience as a physician who worked at the presidential villa for 15 years, along with his network of allies, would be beneficial to the district.
“I am not a stranger to Abuja, and I believe returning there as a senator will greatly benefit Ondo Central. We are not novices when it comes to delivering development. Our track record speaks for itself,” he said.
Mr Fasoranti, who was appointed SSG in 2024, resigned on April 3 to contest the Ondo Central senatorial seat in the 2027 elections.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices
Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
States
Nasarawa assembly confirms eight commissioner-nominees
The speaker urged them to live above board if finally sworn in.
States
Gaya emirate emir backs fight against drug abuse
The emir added that the council also introduced drug screening for individuals being considered for appointments within the emirate.
World
EU leaders back ICC after U.S. slams sanctions on two senior officials
They added that ICC judges and officials must be allowed to perform their duties independently and without external pressure.
Sport
WAFCON: Stakeholders seek overhaul of Nigerian footbal administration as NFF sacks Madugu
Mr Adejumo said, “If the NFF sacks the technical crew, who will sack the NFF itself.”
Heading 5
2027: Okorocha sues INEC, APC for recognising Gov. Uzodimma as Imo West senatorial district candidate
The originating summons, filed on August 13, is marked FHC/ABJ/CS/1854/2026.
States
NYSC DG tasks corps members on responsible social media use
The DG noted that technology had made it increasingly difficult to distinguish between genuine and fabricated materials.






