Trump agrees to suspend bombing Iran out of civilisation for two weeks

American President Donald Trump has agreed to suspend bombing Iran for two weeks.
Mr Trump announced the suspension of a massive attack on Iran in a post on X on Tuesday amid negotiations with other global leaders.
“Based on conversations with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Field Marshal Asim Munir of Pakistan, and wherein they requested that I hold off the destructive force being sent tonight to Iran, and subject to the Islamic Republic of Iran agreeing to the complete, immediate, and safe opening of the Strait of Hormuz, I agree to suspend the bombing and attack of Iran for a period of two weeks,” Mr Trump said.
He added, “This will be a double-sided ceasefire! The reason for doing so is that we have already met and exceeded all military objectives, and are very far along with a definitive agreement concerning long-term peace with Iran, and peace in the Middle East.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Trump had threatened that “a whole civilisation will die tonight” if Tehran failed to meet its 8:00 p.m. eastern time deadline to open the Strait of Hormuz.
According to Mr Trump, the U.S. government has received a 10-point proposal from Iran.
“Almost all of the various points of past contention have been agreed to between the United States and Iran, but a two-week period will allow the agreement to be finalised and consummated,” Mr Trump said. “On behalf of the United States of America, as president, and also representing the countries of the Middle East, it is an honour to have this long-term problem close to resolution.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Trump threatened that “a whole civilisation will die tonight” should Tehran fail to meet its 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time deadline to open the Strait of Hormuz.
Mr Trump’s apocalyptic threat sparked reactions from global leaders.
Amid the U.S. and Israeli attacks against Iran, oil prices spiked and stock markets tumbled as the Strait of Hormuz became a sticky point.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
FFS saves N400 million property in Kano market fire
The controller urged the public to ensure that solar installations were carried out by qualified personnel.

States
Kogi police boss urges youths to reject political violence, digital thuggery
The commissioner described youths as critical partners in building a safer society.

NationWide
Ngozi Olejeme, Betta Edu: Tinubu’s campaign council rehab for fraud-tainted politicians, ADC says
The ADC argued that the 2027 election will be a referendum on Mr Tinubu’s record.

NationWide
Matawalle hails Yari’s appointment as Tinubu campaign council DG
He expressed confidence in their ability to deliver Mr Tinubu and the APC in the forthcoming elections.

States
Troops kill one IPOB member in Anambra, recover explosive devices
Troops raided IPOB and ESN stronghold in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State and killed one of their members.

Sport
Beach Volleyball: Nigeria beat Morocco, qualify for Los Angeles 2028 Olympics
The Nigerian women’s beach volleyball team qualified for the Olympic Games event for the first time in history after defeating Morocco 2-0 in the 2026 CAVB final on Saturday.






