Saturday, August 22, 2026

Trump shares video of Nigerian cleric Dachomo at mass burial for terrorist attack victims

The post comes a day after U.S. and Nigerian forces killed ISIS second-in-command Abu-Bilal al-Manuki and his fighters in an airstrike.

• May 16, 2026
President Donald Trump
President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump on Saturday posted footage of Reverend Ezekiel Dachomo of the Church of Christ in Nations (COCIN), Plateau State, conducting a mass burial for victims of a terrorist attack, while calling on the United Nations and the United States to stop the killing of Christians in Nigeria. 

Mr Trump posted the video on Truth Social without adding any text. 

In the video, Mr Dachomo, a cleric known for speaking out against alleged killings of Christians in Nigeria, is seen lamenting as he buries his church members killed in attacks in a mass grave. 

“Look at it today. Is there any Muslim here?” Mr Dachomo said, pointing to scores of corpses piled in a mass grave as he conducted the mass burial. 

Calling on the international community to stop the alleged killing of Christians in Nigeria, Mr Dachomo said: “United Nations, I know you are watching me. American Senate, I know you are watching what I am doing here. Please tell Trump to save our lives in Nigeria. They are killing Christians in Nigeria. They are massacring Christians.” 

Mr Trump’s posting of the video comes a day after U.S. and Nigerian forces eliminated ISIS second-in-command Abu-Bilal al-Manuki and his fighters in an airstrike. 

The government of Mr Trump had said that the execution of Mr Al-Manuki and his foot soldiers on Nigerian soil was a reminder that American forces will go after enemies of the country and those killing Christians around the world.

“So, for months, we hunted this top ISIS leader in Nigeria who was killing Christians, and we killed him — and his entire posse,” U.S. Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said on X, praising American and Nigerian forces for the successful operation. 

He added, “Operations like last night’s demonstrate the exceptional lethality, patience and skill of U.S. forces, amplified alongside willing and capable partners, to address shared threats. This should serve as a reminder that we will hunt down those who wish to harm Americans or innocent Christians, wherever they are.” 

The killing of Mr Al-Manuki comes five months after Mr Trump ordered airstrikes against terrorists in their enclave in Sokoto State on December 25, 2025, following a months-long campaign over alleged killings of Christians in Nigeria. 

Though the Nigerian government has repeatedly denied allegations of a Christian genocide in the country, it confirmed that it collaborated with U.S. forces to eliminate Mr Al-Manuki. 

Mr Trump had also redesignated Nigeria as a country of particular concern last year, warning of continued military action against terrorists in Africa’s most populous country. 

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Sport

List of Premier League stars expected to shine in 2026/2027 season

Last season, Gonzalo García scored 12 goals and provided four assists in all competitions.

American Airlines

World

Passenger’s laptop catches fire on American Airlines flight

The plane, which took off from Atlanta, had 133 individuals on board.

NIGCOMSAT

Heading 1

FG approves two new satellites to boost connectivity

Mrs Nkechi Egerton-Idehen said the approval marked an important milestone for the company and Nigeria.

and Former Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Abuja

2027: NDC South-East targets one million votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT

Mr Nwosu said the group would commence intensive mobilisation ahead of the campaigns.

Five suspected vandals

Lagos

Five suspected vandals nab, stolen iron rods recovered in Lagos

Ms Adebisi added that discreet investigation is ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects.

Kano Emirate

Hot news Home top

Kano Emirate introduces drug test for prospective traditional rulers

He said the measure became necessary because of the harmful effects of drug abuse on individuals.