U.S.-Iran peace deal near, Strait of Hormuz to be reopened: Trump
President Donald Trump on Saturday announced that a peace agreement has been largely negotiated between the U.S. and Iran, adding that the Strait of Hormuz will be reopened as part of the deal.
Mr Trump in a post on Truth Social said he held talks with leaders from the Middle East as part of the negotiation to resolve lingering crisis between the U.S. and Iran.
“An agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalisation between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other countries, as listed.
“In addition to many other elements of the Agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened,” Mr Trump said.
Concerning Iran and all matters related to a memorandum of understanding on peace, Mr Trump said the final aspects and details of the deal were currently being discussed and would be announced shortly.
Since the launch of “Operation Epic Fury” by the U.S.–Israeli forces against Iran, which resulted in the death of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on February 28, the crisis has persisted, causing significant disruption in the global oil market.
Amid the heightened tensions, Iran shut the Strait of Hormuz, a key shipping route through which about 20 per cent of global oil and gas trade passes, causing prices to surge worldwide.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices
Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
States
Terrorists storm Niger mosque during prayers, abduct worshippers
The police said security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
Heading 2
2027: Ex-Zamfara governor Yari named APC campaign DG for Tinubu’s re-election
Muiz Banire will head the Legal Directorate, with Dr Liman Hassan and Babatunde Ogala as deputies.
Hot news Home top
Photo, details of Nwabueze Buchi George, coordinator of fresh fake agency ICPC uncovered in Tinubu’s govt
The Peoples Gazette’s check for Mr Nwabueze’s digital footprint showed he runs social media accounts and a website: Made in Nigeria.
States
Taraba govt unveils action plan to tackle climate change
Mr Kefas urged the federal government, the national council on climate change and other stakeholders to work with the state to implement the policy and action plan.
Africa
Edo Queens ready to contest WAFU B qualifying ticket in Ouagadougou, says coach
The WAFU-B qualifiers will determine the team that represents the zone at the 2026 CAF Women’s Champions League.
NationWide
Troops rescued 59 kidnap victims, killed several terrorists in one-week nationwide operations: DHQ
Mr Onoja said the troops of Operation Hadin Kai rescued eight kidnap victims during the week in the North-East.






